Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A THRIVEing Nilla

I've been busy.  With a capital B.

I started a new blog having to do with being a THRIVE Life Consultant.  Jeremy asked why I don't have just one blog rather than 5...  Well, my THRIVE blog is separate, because I don't want to annoy everyone with THRIVE stuff.  I figure I can tell people about it, and if they're interested, they'll go there.  My other blogs...  Well, those are all specific in nature.  Books, food, gratitude...  I wanted them to have their own space. 

Or maybe I just have a blog addiction.  That's always possible. 

The problem with having so many blogs, I'm finding, is that I can't keep up with all of them as much as I'd like.  So tonight I'm trying to do a blogging marathon!  Even if I just give a brief update on everything that's been going on in the Nilla Life.  Other than THRIVE.

So early Monday morning -- around 4 a.m. -- there was a little earthquake about 15 miles from here.  I happened to be awake, because Jeremy has been sick with Lynnaea's cold (consequences of sharing other kids' sippy cups) and he had just been up dealing with that.  I suddenly felt a shaking and heard our light fixture shaking.  At first I was unsure if it had been shaking from Jeremy rolling over.  But it just seemed different.  And sure enough... I found out later (through facebook, of course) that there had been a 3.5 magnitude earthquake.  As I pondered that possibility at 4-something a.m. -- before knowing it was an earthquake... I wondered if there would be another bigger one.  Kinda freaked me out.  Would we be able to get to our 72-kits if there was?  So it took me a bit to go back to sleep.  So yeah... survived my first earthquake ;).  I don't need to have another experience, if it's all the same.  I'm pretty content with the ground being firm beneath me :).

It's been hot here again.  Probably adding to my inability to sleep well.  I run the a/c until about an hour before I go to bed.  But still, I am not sleeping well.  Of course, it could just be my inability to shut off my brain.  Probably that.

Lynnaea is continuing to grow and learn and be the sweetest cutest toddler in the history of ever.  So says her mommy :).  I just bought her shoes on Monday.  We've cut the elastic band on the top to help them fit better and go on easier.  She has the chubbiest feet.  I couldn't even fit her into the cute sparkly ones :(. 
She is a total ham, by the way.  Did I mention that before?  I whip out the camera and she stops and smiles.  And throws a fit if I don't then give the camera to her.  Which I often don't.  Especially after said fit.  She does have her opinions...  And we're definitely getting to experience the whole "how do you handle a toddler tantrum" aspect of parenting.  Yippee Skippy.
She was so happy at Monday Meals.  She has her own seat, and this time she didn't have to use the tray!  She got her own bowl and ate from the table like the rest of us.  I think she really enjoyed herself.  And maybe mostly because she ate a lot of strawberries with her dinner.

She's growing so fast.  It's crazy.  I look at these pictures of her and see how big she has gotten -- even though I see her every day.  She's slimming out a bit too.  You can tell in her arms.  My baby is growing up.  How does that happen?

I've finished one of the quilts.  I'm this close to finishing the other.  Just hand-sewing the binding.  Hoped to be done by Friday, but that's not looking promising.  Maybe Saturday or Monday though...  Jeremy is about to get killed with work.  Blah.  He literally has no days off in August.  None.  It's going to be a tough month.

Maybe I'll have to have an 80s party to help me survive... 

No comments: