Saturday, August 2, 2014

Finished Quilts

I think I mentioned that one of my goals this year was to make Lynnaea an I Spy Quilt.  And since I was already doing one, I figured I might as well do two -- and make one for her cousin Vivienne, who is only a month older than she is.

I finished them Thursday night!  (Well, I finished Vivienne's earlier -- like the Friday before.) 

It feels so good to have accomplished this goal.  I learned a lot (since my quilting mentor Donna wasn't on hand every step of the way like she was 10 years ago!)  I am excited for future quilt projects.  And I am glad I could make something for my sweet girl that I hope she'll know comes with lots of love.

But first, a couple of selfies...  To feed my vanity streak :).
... And maybe my toddler's too.

Lynnaea's quilt:
And some close-ups:
I did the hand-embroidering for the words:
But sent the quilt off to be long-arm quilted, hence the pretty squiggly quilting.
I made the label and Donna send the cute "P.S. I love you" tag!
I had it out on the floor for her the next morning.
I think she liked it.

I did Vivienne's in purple.

I didn't long-arm quilt hers, but rather I did all the quilting on hers.  So mostly straight-stitch, except around the black border where I had a wavy stitch just for pretties.
Another close-up of the wavy...
And Vivienne's label and tag from Donna!
So I learned a lot.  I'm excited to be done -- but also excited I did them.  And still grateful Donna taught me how all those years ago :).

So, that's what I've been up to... Among other things :).

No comments: