Thursday, July 3, 2014

Because My Dad is Right...

... I haven't posted in a looooong time.  But time flies away from me.

So what have we been up to?

Well, Jeremy has spent a lot of time at work.  A lot.  Apparently it's the fun time on the project, so he has gotten over-time almost every day for the last (almost) 3 weeks.  And his schedule has had some fun twists to it.  Last weekend (and this one coming), he was scheduled to work swing shift for the weekend and then go back to day shift.  Which meant Sunday he got 4 hours of sleep.  And Lynnaea has missed him a lot.  We are looking forward to having him all day tomorrow, because (at least as of when he left for work this morning) he gets the day off :)!!

Lynnaea has been being her sweet, curious self.  She loves raspberries.  We pick them off our bushes and she "helps" (by eating the un-ripe ones).  She is still a happy little girl.  And she is so curious about her world.  It's wonderful to watch her.  We've been having a time of getting her onto whole milk, though.  We are still experimenting to see if she may have an allergy. 

And as for me...  I've decided to try something new.  I have decided to try being a consultant for THRIVE Life foods.  It's a new thing for me, so I'm not sure yet how it's all going to turn out.  But I am excited about it.  And, if nothing else, I'll end up with a lovely supply of long-term food storage -- in a huge variety!  And, since we are using them as we go, I've already discovered that it's been a great way for me and Lynnaea to get our vegetables.  The freeze dried peas are quite tasty -- and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like peas!  Anyway, I'm excited. 

So here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks.  To go along with the brief little update :).


She loves to look through her library books.  And she babbles while she does -- "reading."  It's so adorable.  She is talking a lot these days.
And yeah, my living room pretty much always looks like this during the day.  And then I put everything away after she goes to bed.  Including the strainer that she loves to take out of the cabinet... 

 My sweet happy girl.
I went on a hike last weekend with the Young Women.  Up a mountain.  5 miles.  I survived.  Unfortunately, the morning was ugly, so the view when we got to the top wasn't as magnificent as it could have been.  But...  We did it!  Yay for us!

Last night she gave me the stink eye when I was trying to take her picture at dinner...
But then Daddy got her to smile.  Look at all those teeth!

No comments: