Tuesday, July 8, 2014

From the Fourth

Just a little update to keep myself on track...

We went to my in-laws' house for the 4th.  It's an annual tradition, and I love it.  We get to see the family that lives a bit further away -- and we always have a ton of fun.  And eat lots of good food, of course :).

I decided to introduce Lynnaea to the joys of eating watermelon from the rind.  I think it was a success -- what do you think?


Well, I may only be able to upload one.  I'm having some issues.  But one is better than none :).

Woohoo!  And two is better than one :)


Well, I tried for a third and it really didn't want to cooperate.  So I guess I'll be content with these two for now.  Maybe I'll figure out the mystery eventually.

Ooo!  Got another!  Lynnaea on the farm.  She got to see real cows and real chickens.  She was enthralled.

And I got to see (from this picture) just how gray my hair really is getting.  Yeesh.

Anyway, the 4th was a good day.  The night...  Annoying.  Lynnaea was actually so exhausted, she didn't stir at all in spite of all the obnoxious fireworks (they start going at 10 and last until after midnight... grrrr).  I, on the other hand...  I had not so good sleep that night.

I'm finding that if I type a little, then I can add another picture.  It's weird, but it's working.  So I'm doing it.  So excuse the piece-mealishness of this blog post.

I think Jeremy may have had chicken on his plate....  This brings cruelty to a whole new level.  Haha.  Maybe the chickens got the message:  start laying more eggs... or else.  UPDATE:  Actually, he does have chicken...  It's a chicken sandwich in his hand.  And mouth.  Chickens, beware!

Tah-dah!!  I actually managed to get all the pictures posted.  I consider that a miracle.

No comments: