Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Crazy Memory...

So Lynnaea and I made our almost-weekly trip to the library today.  And I had to fork out about $7.  Why?  Because my sweet munchkin decided she liked the Llama Llama book so much, she wanted to chew on it.  And gnaw on it she did.  It was beyond help.  So I paid for it.  And we now own said Llama Llama book.  Ah well...  At least she really likes that series.

So I picked out several other books for her (which I won't be giving her in the car as entertainment, since that's how the aforementioned book got gnawed on).  One of them is this:
I pulled it out to read to her at home.  And as I read the title (including the author's name), I almost did a double-take.  Because a certain SNL skit from yesteryear popped into my head.  And I just started laughing.  Unfortunately, I can't get the link on youtube (you know... copyright laws and all...).  But all evening I've had this in my head:  Brian Fellows Safari Planet...  (The tune.)  And the memory of the one with the parrot.  And I just keep chuckling to myself.  Ah...  Those were some funny skits.

Anyway, on to other things.  Mostly pictures.
I think this was Saturday.  I love that baby...  She's actually learned to smile when I'm taking a picture.  The little ham!  What a stinkin' cutie, though.
Ready for church on Sunday.  It was a chilly day, hence the long sleeves.  In July.  Pure awesome.  Anyway, there she is cheesin' for me again :).
On the computer with Daddy.  I just think it's cute.  Except for when she's on the computer with me!  Because then she presses the power button.  She likes that button... She thinks it's funny.
This was after our walk this evening.  We found some ripe, sweet, plump, and juicy blackberries on our walk.  Let's just say she's a fan.
Another post-walk picture.  Again with the smiling.  She gets so excited when I point the camera at her.  It's adorable. 

Other things she's learned:  how to say "please" in sign language (or at least her version of it).  She knows what books are (when I ask her if she wants to read books or stories, she goes to her library bag and pulls out a book).  She understands when I say "want to go bye bye?" and she goes to the door.  She knows what a bath is -- and goes to the bathroom when I ask her if she wants a bath.  She can also retrieve things when asked -- if she feels like it.  Yeah, she's a stinker ;).  But she's an amazing little girl.  And I love her to pieces.

Oh, and you know that poem that says little girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice?  And boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails?  Well, I'm pretty sure, after Monday, that Lynnaea is a good mix of the two.  For some reason I will never understand...  My child ate a snail while we were at the garden on Monday.  Shell and all.  Nasty.  I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say I'm pretty sure the snail has been purged since then.  Shell and all.  It still makes me want to gag just thinking about it. 

No comments: