Sunday, March 23, 2014

More Adventures of First Time Parents

So this week was an adventure...

On Tuesday, Lynnaea and I went to see Saria's band concert.  It was awesome and I'm glad we went.  Lynnaea did pretty well (and maybe a little bit of cheerio bribery was involved...).  I'm glad it wasn't longer than about 40 minutes, though...  She might not have done so well for much longer.

 Sam and Ben enjoying the concert.
 Saria's band.  She's in the middle-ish in the back...  She plays the trombone!
 Trying to capture a shot of Lynnaea at her first concert was a bit difficult...
 She's rather stand facing the back...  But at least we had some success with this shot!
 Me with Saria and Lynnaea -- who is learning the art of the cheesy grin!!!

Wednesday, Lynnaea and I went to the funeral home for scrapbooking.  I do that every month to have an official "set-aside" time for working on Lynnaea's baby book.  I sometimes get about 45 minutes to work on things while others hold her or she walks in her walker before she gets irritated because it's nap time.  And so we leave...  But 45 minutes is 45 minutes!

Then, Thursday morning...  Disaster struck!  I literally heard from across the room Lynnaea filling her diaper.  Twice.  In a row.  I knew it was going to be bad...  Yikes.  And was I ever right!  She got an impromptu bath.  I changed my clothes.  Washed a load of laundry.  And it pretty much went downhill from there.  Mid-day she threw up on me.  And then the next two days were full of green-water poop.  Lots of diaper leaks.  Lots of laundry.  Lots of pedialyte.  And lots of worrying from Mommy.   

The good news is that we are out of that mess.  Yay!  And she's back to eating regular stuff.

And pushing around her walker from the side in circles (Jeremy locked one of the wheels so it takes her longer to run into stuff and get stuck.  Hahah...  But she loves it.  Pretty sure she'll be walking before long.

Anyway, last night Christina and the girls came over and ate dinner with me and Lynnaea.  Thankfully Christina was here to help me with Lynnaea's nasty diaper last night.  It was really gross.  But the first sign that things were improving in that department!  Jeremy was at work (he is on swings and was on-call this weekend...  and they had work to do.  Blah).  It was fun to see them as I hadn't seen them in a month!





And today, Jeremy and I celebrate 2 years.  Crazy, huh?  We've been through a lot in 2 years!  We've grown a lot in 2 years.  Especially with the adventures of parenthood.  Who knew poopy diapers could be so enlightening ;)!?!

No comments: