Thursday, March 22, 2012

Randomness

I love work pot-lucks. Shocking, huh? Monday morning was our 4th Floor Breakfast. It helps start the week out on the right foot. And today someone brought 7-11 donuts -- plain glazed. They were celebratory donuts, so I had to have two ;). It helps end the week on the right foot ;). That and Deanna brought in some pepper jelly, cream cheese, and ritz crackers. Aahhh... The snack of champions.

I'm at the laundromat again. Awesome, huh? The good news is that I will soon have internet at home :). As in, maybe tomorrow soon. I'm just technologically challenged and prefer to not get annoyed by trying to hook up stuff that doesn't work for me. I spend about 10 minutes on it, and then I'm done. Jeremy will take over tomorrow :). And I'm sure end up successful.

Cold sores are 100% lame. Actually, this week they were 150% lame. But thankfully they were mild, so that's a bonus. That's the result of fending off a cold and also being in the presence of someone who has 2 cold sores and thinking, "Oh I hope I don't get a cold sore!" Well, the good news is I didn't... I got two ;). But like I said, they are hardly noticeable. And that's nice :). 'Cuz if you have to be susceptible to them, they might as well be mild when they show up...

By the way, I'm really notorious, when using the Laundromat, for burning my fleece stuff. Kinda lame.

I'm ready for winter to leave Washington State. I don't want it to get hot. Just not so cold. I think that's amenable, don't you? Like I don't enjoy having a thin sheen of ice on my windshield anymore in the mornings. Or watching the snow/rain mixture fall outside the office window. It's lame. I think I like that word today: lame ;).

You know what? There are some really nice people in this world. Like this Laundromat attendant lady that I talk to in Spanish. She is really helpful and kind. And the people I work with too. They are a lot of really nice people.

Emily is growing up and growing out of calling me Aunt Ha. It's kinda sad. Just the other day I was hanging with Lea at the mall and I was talking about Emily and mentioned her saying, "Aunt Ha!" And Lea said, "I hope she never stops calling you that, because I think that is awesome!" Well, on Sunday, she didn't call me that. She didn't quite get my name, but there was an extra syllable and it sounded more like "Hila." Yes, it was bound to happen eventually. But now I understand why my mom was sad when Desiree stopped calling her "Ameka." There's just something special about it, because it's unique.

I'm looking forward to relaxing with some Wings in a bit. I still have to finish my laundry (it's all in the dryer now) and then put all the clothes away, eat some dinner, and shred some veggies. But then I'm jammie-bound and I'm going to relax :). And in the interest of not letting my blanket burn, I'm about to end this so I can pull it out of the dryer.... And one of these days, I will have a house with a washer and dryer. Although I will say I love having all my laundry done in 2 hours...

So ta-ta for now :). Have a great weekend! I know I will :).

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

happy weekend to you too! and I must say... I don't think I've ever burned fleece... :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

ps i too love laundry mat's for the purpose of quick laundry...

the happy thomas family said...

;) ... and i'm so, so glad that you had this good weekend. i looooooooooooive you!