Friday, March 30, 2012

Mostly Just More Pictures

As promised, I am uploading a few more of the pictures I have gotten (from my sister and my friend Amalea). There are definitely some good ones.

But first I want to share this cool experience... So I mentioned the Laundromat lady that I speak with in Spanish and English. (That way we both get to practice!) So yesterday I was helping her write a note to hang on the door. Basically it had to do with when her hours were. So I asked, "So you're here at those times every day?" And she said yes at first, but then said, "No, except Sundays. I don't work on Sundays, because I'm Mormon." I was like, "Really!?! Me too!!!" And wonder of wonders, she is not in Jeremy's old ward (because the Spanish Branch dissolved and was absorbed back into that Ward). How funny/cool/neat is that!?! And when I told her that I am too, she was like, "You know, I don't even know why I said that!" So anyway, I just thought it was awesome. And maybe it sounds kind of dorky, but I would categorize this as a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father. I can't really put my finger on why, but I do...

So we've been married for a week now. It's been fabulous, in case you wondered ;). Slowly, but surely, we are finding a place for everything. Slowly, but surely, we are getting all the i's dotted and t's crossed. Because there are forms to fill out for name changing (but since I was a total slacker and didn't file my taxes until Monday or Tuesday... I will be waiting a little longer to change my name officially). And beneficiary stuff to change. And insurance stuff to change. And bank stuff to change. And rental and lease agreement stuff to change. Yeah, that was the most fun. Because Jeremy actually had to apply to live here (even though I already do...). It was a wonderful bit of annoyance. But it worked out. Another tender mercy, believe me (because there was a brief time -- mostly on our wedding day, of all days, where we wondered if they were going to approve him, since they hadn't heard back from his landlord. Aaaahhhh!). So far I've not had occasion to sign my new name much. Only for the UPS guy at work. Well, and the FedEx guy too. I did it wrong for the UPS guy the first time. Oops. It's like a new year... It takes some getting used to ;).

On that note... Here are some pictures. With commentary. Because some of them crack me up. I have a ton of them, but I chose just a couple.

This is after the ceremony. Taken with Mark and Amalea's camera. I'm tucking in my shirt (for the bajillionth time -- can you tell?). I just love our facial expressions. He is seriously so cute.
Here's another angle of the one where we're posing like the judge told us to. It's cute :). This may have been when I said, "I don't recall signing up for this part!" (Meaning all the pictures). But we do look happy ;). So I've had a few people tell me we'll make beautiful babies... Here's to hoping!
This is now my facebook picture. I like it a lot. And not because we're sitting in the judge's chair. Apparently that's another "popular" picture (according to the judge).
This was outside before it was our turn to get hitched. I'm not sure, but I think someone (of the 5 people standing there snapping a million photos of us) told us to look at each other. And someone, I'm pretty sure, capture a shot of one of us (possibly both of us) making faces at each other. I think it's Angie, Brad's wife. I still haven't gotten the pictures she took. But I like these two, because of our smiles. It's before the real nerves set in ;).
It's important to be able to laugh and play with the one you love :). I'm so glad we are "tactically enabled" to do so ;).
These that follow are from Christina's camera. The next one is absolutely hilarious. It's right after we finished kissing in front of everyone and I was so flustered! Look closely, you can see my face is quite a different shade of red... And I'm fanning my face, in case you're wondering. Maybe this is why the judge thought I needed tissue?
I just think this one is pretty cute. I don't know what we're listening to or smiling about. So much happened in such a short amount of time... But whatever it was, it must have been good ;).
This one just makes me laugh. Haha... We look quite suspicious! And my shirt's untucked... again.
So there ya go. A few more shots that make me smile. Hopefully they bring a smile or two to your face as well :). Maybe my next post will be an update on my 2012 goals. Depends on how motivated I am... :). But Conference is this weekend, plus I'm going to Wok On Fire (a restaurant) with Lea and a few ladies I used to work with at the library on Saturday. Plus a few other events in the next couple days. So we shall see. If not, it'll happen eventually :).

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

love all these. :)

the happy thomas family said...

:) !!!

Paul said...

Congrats Hila! I would love to send you a little something so would you mind e-mailing me an address? I am seriously so happy for you!

Love,
Diana Porter (Sister Porter)
pdaporter@gmail.com