Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another Load of Smiles :)

As I indicated in my previous post, I did have a busy week. I worked Monday through Thursday at the county job and had my new employee orientation on Wednesday. Thursday was pretty busy at work, because I learned a lot of new things. And now I feel just a smidge overwhelmed! But it's all good. I know I will catch on and eventually I will know the new job the way I know the funeral home. Which I worked at on Friday morning. On Wednesday after work I went to eat with a friend who is moving to Colorado. We went to a Chinese place here that I've never been to before. It was actually pretty good, though slightly high-priced. Thursday night was the surprise party for that same friend. That was fun. A bunch of women hanging out and acting silly (like dancing to Wii's "Just Dance"). Let's just say I don't have rhythm. Haha. I didn't get home that night until about 11:30. And this is mostly because the party was at Em's house, and she wanted an update on how her match-making resulted. So I filled her in. And after working at the funeral home on Friday, I rand a few errands, tried to do everything on my list (which included cutting grass) and then my mom and I went to the Temple. I house-sat for Bob and Melanie again for the weekend. So I went to their house after I got back in town from the Temple. Well, first I went by the store and got gatorade and a jar of mini dill pickles :). I love petite dills.

I slept in on Saturday. And woke up to the rain. BOO!! So much for weeding the flower bed with Jeremy. And so we improvised and only did part of what we had planned. We went to a state park here with a lot of covered picnic type areas and we studied scriptures together. Then we sat and talked for another 2.5 hours and then we went to eat lunch/dinner at a place called Rachel's on the East Side. We got a really delicious pizza that had zucchini on it! I've never had zucchini on pizza before, so that was a new experience! But it was definitely delicious. Then we went back to the park and walked around (the rain had stopped). I mean, we walked the entire park from in the trees down to the water. And we talked and talked and talked. I got home around 8. Well actually we got back to the house at 8 and then we sat and talked until 8:30. It was an awesome day :).

And then I had my 6:30 in the morning meeting. Blech!! I actually got there at 6:40 instead. But close enough :). The choir sang. Primary was hectic, but we survived :). And we are learning. And then I took a 1.5 hour nap and then walked with Andrea.

So now I have a "real" job. Haha. Which means 8 tomorrow morning. Blah. Those are the un-fun parts of adulthood ;).

5 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

:)

6:30am? I pray ... for your sake ... that that is only a one-time thing. We have early Sundays around here. And it really stratus to command your day. And you start to dread it. Not a good thing for Sundays and church! I know that you will enjoy working in Primary, though. It's a special place.

So glad to hear about all of these smiles ... love you, my dear.

Katherine Ronachert said...

:) Sounds like a perfect weekend, minus the rain!

the happy thomas family said...

'Stratus'?

These autocorrect issues of mine need to stop.

Sorry. ;)

jessica said...

Yay for real jobs!!

the happy thomas family said...

wedding singer ... ?