Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re-Capping... With Pictures!

So I have about a week's worth of pictures here to explain. I will try to keep it brief. However, brevity was never my strong point :).

Tuesday the 19th, we went to see Saria in a "play" of sorts. It was put on by the 3rd grade classes of her school and was mostly the songs from "School House Rocks." Saria had a speaking part :). We didn't have the greatest of seats, and my camera doesn't have the greatest of zoom capabilities (it's a little out-dated, but the picture quality if pretty awesome, so I keep it), so this was the best shot I got during the program, when Saria was at the microphone saying her part. She did a great job. She is wearing pj's in the picture, because she was part of the "Saturday Morning Kids" group.
Here she is after the play, outside of her school. She is just such a pretty little girl.
I house-sat for Bob and Melanie over the weekend. Got to hang out with their 3 cats. I also borrowed Bob's weed whacker, since our yard was pretty much overgrown. Now that it is cut back, we can maintain it with the lawn mower. And in a couple more weeks, I'll be tilling the garden section anyway. Don't I look lovely after a couple of hours with the weed whacker? I'm pretty sure I got slug guts on my shirt (not the one in the picture -- I just threw on these pajamas so I could go get a shower). Gross. Note to self: next time wear a hat and long sleeves...
On Saturday, I went to the Dollar Tree and got stuff for the kids for Easter. Below you will see what they got from me and my mom, excluding the eggs we hid for them to hunt. My mom and I thought the pooping cow and the laying chickens (though we still said the chickens were pooping too, because it's funnier that way ;)) were hilarious! So did the kids. We got Emily the cow, because she's really too young for bubble gum.
Here is Desiree in the pantry trying to find any eggs that were for her. The weather was cruddy on Easter, so I hid all the eggs inside.
And Samuel looking for his eggs.
Saria with some of her eggs.
And Christina helping Emily get her eggs in the pantry. I don't know why I took so many pantry pictures. It was convenient, I guess.
To keep the kids entertained while dinner was a-cookin', and since it wasn't raining at the time (which would have been nice to know and then I would've hid some of the eggs outside), we took the kids down the hill to the park.
Not surprisingly, it started raining about 10 minutes after we got there. So we trudged back up the hill. So we got back to the house and it was almost time to eat anyway. So Desiree and I sat down and took a picture.
After everyone ate and was full, we went to do cake, ice cream, and presents for Saria's 10th birthday. She had a Tangled cake and so many candles, she couldn't get them all in one blow!Because she's starting to be such a young lady, her presents are becoming more and more mature. She got a watch, some cute clothes, several pairs of earrings, a couple of movies, and I gave her a movie ticket.
Here she is wearing a brand new pair of earrings she got from her daddy. She felt so excited about her "big girl" earrings.
And because Desiree knew her Grandpa would be seeing these pictures, she wanted him to see her pierced ears with earrings too :). So here you go, Dad. Two of the prettiest girls in the world.
Wednesday the 27th was Administrative Professionals Day. So the admin staff got to go to lunch. And John, since he types up a lot of death certificates and such, and therefore, the boss qualified him as admin for the funeral side of things. We let him crash our party ;). So I ordered a BLT and fries. And, ugly picture of me aside, this is proof the boss likes us enough to feed us... occasionally.

Then, in the evening, the boss brought in a fish for the reception desk. I don't really know why. We decided to name him Alpha, because he's a Betta fish. So now he is Alpha Betta. Haha. Bob came up with that. He's quite clever. Alpha spends a lot of time laying on the rocks at the bottom of the tank. It's kind of strange.
Wednesday was Saria's official birthday! Ten years old. I remember when she was born. She's always been an adorable kid, but she is truly growing into a lovely young lady. Ben and Michele stopped by the house also, so we tried to take a picture with me as photographer. You see how that went...
So we got my mom to shoot a picture of the three of us. You know, so we could all actually be in the shot :).
And then I took a picture with Samuel. I'm pretty sure I was still talking when the picture took...
So that's my week and a half review in pictures! There's been lots going on, and that won't be letting up anytime soon. This weekend I am going to Time Out For Women in Seattle with a bunch of ladies from church, so that should be a lot of fun :).

Oh, and I have two bell pepper seedlings finally! I am hoping my garden will produce magnificently again this year, and this time, it will be a variety :).

4 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

anastasia

one i actually don't own. can't tell you how many times i've nabbed it out of the $4 bin, walked around with it, and put it back. i'll admit that rasputin still (STILL) freaks me out. so sad.

;)

Elizabeth said...

Anastasia!!!

jessica said...

I know I say this all the time, but man, you are a wicked awesome aunt!!!

And oh my goodness...is this Fern Gully???

jessica said...

Agh, it has got to be Anastasia then...?