Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Silence Is Golden

Well, the song has no application. Well, not really. Aside from that one line, since I have been rather silent for a couple of weeks.

It's been a long couple of weeks. Life is good at hitting you with unexpected things. And sometimes it doesn't aim directly for you, but because it so deeply affects someone you love, in turn, it affects you as well. And that's all I have to say about that. Because in some circumstances, silence is golden.

I do not have my camera handy, so I cannot upload the photos from Easter. But this year I went and got Easter buckets for the kiddos and found various things to put in them. It was exciting for me to do for the babies. And I promise to upload all the photos and tell more about it in a couple of days. Because I think the pictures are an important part of any story :). So I'll wait until then to tell all about Easter.

Plus there is Saria's birthday. Which is officially tomorrow (she'll be 10!!!), but which got celebrated, partially, on Sunday evening. So I have pictures from that also, though because I was a dolt and forgot my camera, they are cell phone quality. Plus, as her birthday present, I gave her a movie ticket so she and I can go see a movie. I'm a little bummed because the AMC theater here is not playing RIO. But maybe the one 20 minutes North is... Hmmm. There's a thought. I think it will be nice for me and Saria to go out and celebrate the joy that is Saria -- just the two of us. She's so special, and deserves to be recognized for that. I can't believe she'll be 10. And she really is growing into herself. A beautiful girl who is really starting to mature in her attitude and personality in so many ways. I love her.

So it's been a busy week. Funeral Home has been busy, so I've been working a lot on very busy days! The weather is warming up, and I have a ton of seedlings. My zucchini and pumpkin have really taken off. I'm excited to be doing another garden soon :).

And life in general is interesting. But I wanted to assure everyone I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Too bad for those of you who may have been wishing for that very event ;). And eventually, I'll be back up to speed with blogging more often. Tonight we are doing Tasty Tuesday Treats, since we had to postpone Marvelous Monday Meals. I'm making Pretzel Ice Cream Cake. And sauteed spinach. Yummm-o! Not sure what Lea is doing for side dish and main. But I'm sure it will be good :).

2 comments:

Jenny said...

line for the movie is from anastasia.

Kabuski said...

Anastasia I love Bartok!