Friday, April 1, 2011

Good Day With Bad Food

I do want to make sure everyone knows that I'm not down-in-the-dumps about the library job thing not working out. Seriously am not. Overall, I have seriously been pretty happy as of late. Life, as it always will, has had its bumps. But nothing tragic. Nothing that has ruined my happy state.

I have an interview Tuesday afternoon. It is for a job that is not in any way library-related. Go figure. It's an administrative position with the county. If it works out and I get the job, great. If not... No biggie. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Including applying for jobs in yonder ;). But either way, I've survived two cuts with this job. So that's good for something at least ;).

Yesterday was a fun day. And also a "bad food" day. I'll recap for your benefit. Like you wanted to know... I went to the funeral home in the morning, because I had changed my shift at the library at the request of my boss (just for the day). So the project at the funeral home was filling bins with all the crap that has needed to be shredded for years and years. We got quite a bit cleared out. But we aren't anywhere near done. Unfortunately, there weren't enough bins. But we filled what we had. Woohoo! In the middle of that, Lea texted me and told me to meet me at the front of the funeral home. She and Morgan had brought me (and the staff) a box of celebratory donuts. And that made Lea the cool person as far as my co-workers were concerned. So I exercised self-control and only had half a donut. They were fresh and yummy too. But then lunch rolled around, and I hadn't brought anything for lunch. So I decided I'd go up to Jack-in-the-Box and grab something. Ended up with a sourdough burger and cheese fries. Man, when I saw those pictured on the menu... I had to. I loved those things at the cafetorium in Panama at CJHS. There's a place in the mall in Dothan that also sells them, and I bought them there on several occasions. I didn't eat all the cheese-fries. Couldn't. But I had enough to make me smile :). Then Cindy (at the funeral home) had a birthday, so they got a really nice cake for her. Way pretty. I didn't have any at that point, but decided I'd take a couple small pieces for me and Lea on our break at the library. Lea picked me up at 2:45 and we headed to the library. Well, Karen had made mini cheesecakes with surprises at the bottom (either a Hershey kiss or a Reese's Pnut Butter Cup). So of course we sampled those. Plus Lea had brought strawberries and biscuits for our break too (leftovers from her son's big breakfast with friends). When she showed me all of that, I said, "Man, we're going to have a veritable feast!" I don't even know what that word means, but I heard that phrase once, and it sounded good ;). So once we got to break time, we ate all that stuff. And I didn't intend to eat dinner, but when I got home, my mom was already cooking dinner for me (a chicken patty). So definitely not a good food day. But eh... Sometimes that just happens. And it was such a good day all around that I think there was plenty of cause to celebrate anyhow.

I got my 300-something pictures in the mail yesterday. Good gracious alive that's a lot of pictures! And that's only from my life since August!!! Only 243 of them are not duplicates. But even so... How am I ever going to catch up!!?! True, there are also a lot of food ones in triplicate from Monday Meals. Getting ready to work on the cookbooks :).

Now to start ordering from the past... Hahaha. I still haven't ordered pictures from my trip to Panama in 2008! Slacker.

Maybe I'll start writing on the backs of the pictures tonight while I watch some Futurama.

Plus I need to get ready for house-sitting tomorrow and next week for Wendy. Plus I'll be watching Desiree and Emily tomorrow night so Christina and Nick can go out to celebrate 5 years of marriage. I do believe we will watch Tangled, since my mom bought it :).

3 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

steel magnolias ;)

the happy thomas family said...

yonder it up, baby. i miss you.

i haven't thought of cheese fries in approximately 7.9 years. now i must have some. thanks.

kudos to you for taking so many pictures. of course *i* would say something like that. but seriously ... it's good for you. and your posterity. love it.

and i'd love a cookbook :) .

love you.

Nilla said...

I will be more than happy to supply you with a cookbook. I am thinking I will probably make the ones I am making with the "real" pictures and then scan each page so I can have a digital copy too. Then I can send everyone who wants one a digital copy... A little easier on the finances that way :).

Well, Subs & MOre in the Dothan Mall has THE BEST cheese fries (in case you didn't know that). So if you're craving them now... Head on over there :).

P.S... I'm yondering, I'm yondering!

Loveya!