Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'll Be Sowing the Seeds of [Food]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I LOVE music!!! Seriously a song for every occasion, with a little bit of tweaking. Listen here to this one. I know this song is in a movie I like. But I can't remember which movie.

So it is officially Spring! And we had two gorgeous days that got into the 60s! And you know what all of this means?!? It's almost time to plant again! Yeehaw!! I'm so excited! I feel most confident about tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and squash since I was successful with those last year. But this year I'm expanding my horizons to include grape tomatoes (they will ripen faster), and hopefully zucchini (though they are a type of squash, so I think it will be okay), pumpkin (again a squash), jalapeno peppers, peas (I hope), spinach (I hope), and romaine lettuce (I hope). I have my concerns about whether or not some of those will grow, since in reading the book Ben and Michele got me for Christmas, I find that some things like cooler temperatures, and perhaps should be planted outside now (but the garden isn't ready yet, so they can't be...). But all I can do is give it a shot! So yeah, I'll be sowing the seeds soon. Below is the book and the seeds that Michele gave me today! I'm pretty impressed with lettuce seeds. I mean, who ever considered what a lettuce seed looks like!?!

So other than my excitement about the upcoming gardening season... Not a whole lot has been going on. I went to a softball game with Lea and Dan for Morgan. Doing that again tomorrow afternoon. Taking my car in to get the snow tires off and the regular tires put on tomorrow. So as you can tell, it's a thrilla Nilla life ;).

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, the movie is obviously The Princess Bride. To be totally honest, I looked up Clueless on IMDB to find out the connection, I had a sneaky suspicion that one of the actors was in both, as it turned out it was. In fact, the actor who gives this line is the one in Clueless. So if you give gold stars for something that I didn't know until I looked it up after reading the quote, then gold star away. :D

Kabuski said...

So I know that this is The Princess Bride. But I don't know the connection. Boo ;}

Unknown said...

Love the title/song - Tears for Fears = awesomeness.