Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Toot Sweet

Sometimes I make myself laugh. Tonight, while pondering how to make this blog post title funny and fitting, I came up with something that makes me chuckle every time I think of it. And yeah, probably I'm a huge dork. But that's okay. And really, if you know this song, you know it has nothing to do with how I'm about to manipulate it to fit my purposes. But that's why it makes me laugh :).

So, as is the case with all people, my week has had its highs and its lows. And so I figured I would write some of both, but I wanted to categorize them. And I didn't want to be so generic as to label them "high" and "low" or "good" and "bad." Besides I have probably already done that in the past anyway. And so I came up with "toot" and "sweet." "Sweet," of course, is self-explanatory. Things that are sweet are good and fun and happy. So how does "toot" apply to unhappy or bad? Well, quite simple. Don't you know "toot" is a slang term for flatulence, gas, smelly things emitted from your hindquarters? Hahahaha. And so there we have it. The lows of my week will hereafter be labeled as toots. And the highs as sweets.

So here we go!

Toot:
Monday at work was crazy busy. Like totally crazy busy. And I feel like I didn't get much accomplished at the funeral home due to the fact I was working the reception desk quite a bit.

Sweet:
I house-sat for Bob and watched his 3 cats while he and his wife went to visit their daughter. So nice to enjoy a place to myself for a few days and have total control over the tv :). His cats are awesome. And his cat Max is particularly hilarious. I have never seen such a laid back cat in all my life -- and I've had cats, lots of cats, my whole childhood.

Toot:
I will be 30 on Friday. And I guess it's better than the alternative. Hahaha. But seriously, 30?!? That is a true toot. A big smelly one. Because according to my calculations, I should be like 22. Because that's how I feel.

Sweet:
Lea and I are going to go hang out in Seattle for the day for my birthday. And it's going to be awesome.

Toot:
We have had a lot of rain. It rained 3 1/2 days straight. Which means my floorboard is getting wet again. Yay!

Sweet:
The cold is coming in (don't think it got out of the 40s yesterday...) and that means snuggle under the covers weather. Which I love. And today was gorgeous. And we could see the Olympics today. And the fresh snow that has fallen on them. So pretty.

Toot:
I had an OB/GYN appointment this week. I haven't missed having those, since I didn't go when I didn't have insurance. I don't care who you are -- no woman likes that particular doctor's visit.

Sweet:
I'm officially as far away from that hideous appointment as I can be at this point, since I now have a year to go before I'm due for another one.

Toot:
While at the OB/GYN, they asked me the last time I had a tetanus shot. And I didn't lie. It's been since January 1998. So they said, "Let's get that updated!"

Sweet:
I'm now 10 years away from having one of those again, and I also don't have to worry about lockjaw. Also, I'm a lot braver than I used to be. I take the needles like a pro.

Toot:
My arm still hurts from that shot.

Sweet:
Had another marvelous Marvelous Monday Meal on Monday at Lea's. Such a fun tradition!

Toot:
I think my pedometer is whack. Because one day it tells me I walk 15,000+ steps, and the next day it says I don't even break 6000. And I know there isn't that much difference in what I do each day. I think it changes depending on the pants I'm wearing...

Sweet:
I talked to my dad and Julie this week.

I'm all out of toots. I feel so much better ;).

Sweet:
I got 2 packages in the mail. Haven't opened them, since they are birthday things, and my birthday isn't for a couple more days.

Sweet:
I have the greatest friends and family on earth. I love them.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I believe that movie quote is from Raising Helen.

Heather said...

Hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow. The last time I got a tetanus shot, they gave it to me in my hip instead of my arm. She said it hurts a lot less in the hip because most people have more padding there. It didn't bother me at all. By the way, if you have an injury that could expose you to tetanus, they will give you another shot if it's been five years or more since your last one so I don't know why they say they are good for 10 years.

juliebean said...

the movie is the one with the girl who dates the preacher and takes over her sisters kids when she dies. those three kids and they go live in the city

raising helen.... alysha remembered the name.

juliebean said...

happy birthday old lady!!!!!!!!! I am glad to be one of the people you call friends... the best of!!!!

Love ya lots!

Juliebean

the happy thomas family said...

oh, hila ... did this post EVER make me laugh. seriously. you bring a smile to my face. i love you.

enjoyed our talk tonight. i hope you have a wonderful birthday ... today!

Kira =] said...

love this so cute! i especially love identifying them as toots! crack me up! =]

Kira =] said...

quote guess is Raising Helen. I love that movie especially when audrey says "you ruined my life" and her aunt responds "we'll fix it later" lol

I need to buy that one