Saturday, October 16, 2010

[I] Can Dance if [I] Want To

This song is easily one of my favorite songs ever from the 80s. I never get tired of it :). It's possible I've used it as a blog title post before. But since I can't remember if I have or not, I will use it again! Just, if you listen to it, be prepared to have it in your head. It's that awesome.

So it was a busy week. A busy, busy week. And here are the highlights:

Monday was work all day at the funeral home. Rebecca and I have started walking around the cemetery grounds for about 15 minutes every day. Our cemetery is very hilly, so this should prove to do us good. I left around 4:30, because I was in charge of the main dish for Marvelous Monday Meal night at Lea's. And technically it was already mostly done, because I used the crock pot for Chicken Taco Soup, which I love. I used homemade Rotel to make the soup. My mom and I made that over the weekend last Saturday. Very fun to make such use of my tomatoes!! I definitely learned a lesson, though... Not such a smart idea to transport a crock pot full of soup on the passenger floorboard of your car. Especially in a hilly place like where I live. You end up with a red spot on your floorboard. At least it doesn't smell like chicken soup in my car though ;). It occurs to me that I should have put the crock pot in a box or something... Live and learn. And it was totally delicious and there were no leftovers. So it was a hit. I took my homemade salsa too. And there weren't any leftovers of that either. And Lea made no-bake cookies -- one of my very favorite cookies ever. And there weren't any leftovers of that either! And we finished watching the first season of Scrubs. Except for 2 episodes, because the disc kept freezing. Which was annoying. Especially because it is brand new! Arg! But at least we got to see the season finale. It's a funny season finale.

Tuesday was work at both jobs and then walking with Sue. And then I went shopping at Target and Walgreens. I was trying to find a brain mold at Target, but they didn't have any. They were sold out. Boo! I got a few other things there, though. I also went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some small things for a service project thing they are doing at the funeral home. Then I went and tried to find a specific thing at Walgreens for Christmas presents. I need to take inventory of my Christmas present purchases. But I feel like I'm doing pretty well with it and have bought a lot of Christmas presents.

Wednesday I worked and then went looking at 2 more Walgreens stores in an attempt to find a specific present. No such luck... And then I came home and helped make an apple crisp for work. And mostly chilled for the rest of Wednesday, which was nice.

Thursday was work once again. And then I headed to Lea's where I ate my special burrito and then we headed to the high school where her kids go to school so we could see her daughter Morgan's Homecoming Coronation. Morgan was one of the Duchesses, and we spent a lot of time taking pictures afterards. One of the funniest parts of the evening was when the jazz choir (of which Lea's son is a part) came out to sing the Star Spangled Banner. The people next to us yelled out to one of the girls in the choir "I love you Chelsea!" And someone else said, "I love you more!" Lea and I kind of just looked at each other and grimaced like, "Oh great! Not these kind of people! Ugh!" And then, from two seats down on the other side, we heard, "I love you Bodie (their nickname for their son)!" Hahahaha... It was Lea's mother-in-law! Lea hung her head in embarassment. Oh but we laughed! So yeah, here's a picture of me, Morgan, and Lea after the Coronation.
Friday was another day of work at both places. I was exhausted by Friday, but started the day out earlier than usual, because my mom and I were cooking breakfast for the location (funeral home). Partially to celebrate one of the employee's 5 years and also because we had a lengthy staff meeting full of mock fire drills, etc. And, for the record, it has gotten COLD in Washington! I think tonight it's supposed to drop into the 30s! So anyway, we made breakfast casserole, and then had staff meeting and ate and then Lea and I worked the morning shift at the library. And our boss is out of town, so it's so much more laid back! And then it was back to the funeral home, where I walked with Rebecca. Then to pick up Lea to go to the mall and eat dinner with the people from the library (they were going to go to watch Fame, but we weren't going to since we saw it already, but we decided to eat at the mall with everyone). It was actually quite fun! And then I dropped Lea off at a football game where her daughter was going to be announced at halftime and I went to Brad's house and hung out with Tarylyn and the kids for a bit. Love those kiddos. Then back home to get a shower. And go to sleep.

This morning, I woke up at 8:15 and got ready to go to a Single Adult conference that was held in my Stake. Wendy came and picked me up at about 8:40 and we headed on to the church building. We had breakfast and had a spiritual message. Then we had worshop sessions. I went to one on being prepared for trials (particularly financial and economical ones) and one on survival tips, which was really good. Then it was lunch time and then we played some games and just talked and visited. And then two more classes: a basic dance class, and a "what color is your personality" class. For the record, I'm blue. But the dance class! That was awesome!!! I had so much fun! Learned very very basic steps. But I enjoyed it! And I've decided that I want to take ballroom dancing! It's on my "Nilla List" over on the right side here....(funnily enough, almost EXACTLY to the right...). Something I want to learn how one day. And there's no time like the present! Well, maybe the present of 2011. I do think I will wait until after the first of the year. But I know where they teach them. And it so happens that the couple that was teaching us today takes lessons from the same lady that teaches Xavier (Lea's son) his dance classes. So woohoo! I'm pretty excited about doing this :). Wendy and I stayed for dinner and then left, because she had another event to attend. And I didn't want to stay for the dance. From personal experience, these things are lame. So I came home and got my mail -- which included two $25 gift cards to Amazon.com! Woohoo! Yay for credit card rewards! I'm loving this new system of using my credit card for purchases, paying it off completely every month, and getting paid by the credit card company to use their card! Loving it! And so I will be buying some Christmas presents this way :). Yippee! And then I went shopping to buy ingredients for the next Marvelous Monday Meal! Where we will enjoy delicious food and beginning of a new and hilarious season of Scrubs (season 2 :)).

So that was my week. And tomorrow is church. Where I will be singing with the choir again and taking Desiree and Emily with us to church. I do love those kiddos.

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i loved taking ballroom dancing, and one day, i will again! good for you. and i love your nilla updates.

juliebean said...

whew... reading that made me tired. You sound busy. I did not see any naps in there... I cannot live without my naps... but then I am almost 8 months preggo. :)