Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm [Walking] in the Rain

For the lovers of musicals out there... This is my song-title post song. I suppose I could've been singing in the rain. But, I didn't do that. I did, however, walk in it today ;). I'll get there.

Today was Monday. But, it didn't feel like Monday. Perhaps it was the way I woke up. I literally woke up laughing. Let me tell you about it. Okay, so I had a weird dream. About five of us were going to a company function. I only remember 3 of the five. Me, my mom, and Buck. I know there were 2 others, because I remember us sitting at a table with 5 chairs, and that we all had a chair. I just don't remember who the other 2 were. So I don't know why, but in the dream, Buck had shoulder-length hair and he was wearing a suit. Only the suit had stripes that were kind of disco-ballish. Like, they would shimmer different colors when he would move. And okay, you have to know Buck to know this is nothing like him. So that in and of itself is hilarious. Anyway, so right after we get seated, Buck stands up and is waiting because he's been asked to assist on an autopsy. Okay, Buck is in charge of the grounds at the cemetery, so he has nothing to do with anything like that. And we don't do autopsies at the funeral home. So this is just random Nilla-brain stuff. But anyway, finally this door opens and this huge procession, carrying a casket, marches by our table, and Buck goes with them. Then another huge procession comes through the doors. I'm talking about people in choir robes, singing. And it was like a Christmas song. Only it was really peppy, beat-wise. And so suddenly the chairs were bouncing up and down to the beat of the music. And my mom fell off her chair. And she and I were laughing. And that's when I woke up, and I was literally laughing as I woke up. And that was even weirder! Now, I've had dreams before that were upsetting and so real that I was crying in the dream, and I woke up breathing hard like I had been crying for real. But this was the first time I literally woke up with my shoulders shaking, because I was actually laughing along with my dream, for real. Hahahaha.... Toooo funny! My mind is weird.

Anyway, so I went to work, and I got a lot accomplished today. I went to Taco Bell with John for lunch, and then I worked some more. And by the end of the day, it was raining. Not the typical drizzle that is Washington State. But actual raindrops. Not huge downpours, of course. But harder than an Alabama sprinkle ;). So, my church walking buddies cancelled. But, Sue from work was still going to walk. So, I joined her. Shoot, I've been motivated to walk lately. So, I'm going to go ahead and grasp that feeling :). And so, this is how wet I got from all that rain:
Walking in the rain

Anyway, so that's it. Nothing else to report :). Just crazy Nilla Wafer stuff.

7 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

love it!!!
i had something really witty to write, but for some weird reason it's fled my memory!
love ya any way!!!
happy cinco de mayo!
celebrate by going to taco bell

Jenny said...

don't worry greg has been know to wake up laughing about a dream as well. i have woken crying from a dream.

Kira =] said...

awesome way to wake-up!

and YAY for going with the motivation to walk!! keep up the good work. =]

juliebean said...

sounds like fun. I wish I had a walking partner, that would motivate me so much!!

How was your taco bell?

Katherine Ronachert said...

just wishing you'd updated... jeez; it seems like everyone is on summer break!

Heather said...

Walking in the rain. That's what I call dedication.

jessica said...

#1 love the rain.
#2 Our whole family loves the song and we watch the movie every Sunday. My kids can quote it:)
Great pick!!!