Saturday, May 2, 2009

100 Things About Me -- Part 9 of 10

So, before long, it will be a year since I started this list. I guess that's what happens when I'm not sitting bored in a little cubicle at work. In an effort to maintain a semi-current blog, I will do a post :). Also because I've thought of some more quirky things about me :). Go ahead and laugh. I know I do.

81. I am an extrovert. There was a time in my life when I would have said I was an introvert. I think I didn't know what the two words meant. Because I am definitely an extrovert. I love to socialize. I thrive on socialization. Now, I'm not a party-girl or anything like that. I don't like massive groups of people I don't know. But, I like being with other people. I like finding people with whom I click and hanging out with them. I love to run my mouth and talk.
82. If you know me well enough (or if you are reading this), you know that you can tell I'm annoyed/angry/irritated when I set my jaw. It was pointed out to me once. And since then, I've noticed that it is true. If you're like me and like visuals... This is what I look like when I'm annoyed/irritated/mad. I saw this as I was going through some pictures, and I laughed my butt off. I have no idea why I was mad in this picture. But it cracked me up that I was caught on film this way. 83. I do not like cole slaw. I do, however, like the cole-slaw-ish mix they have at Japanese steakhouses that they kind of stir-fry up and add soy sauce to. So, my conclusion is that the problem with cole slaw is the mayo. Which shouldn't surprise me, since I don't like mayo. And I actually addressed that issue in a prior entry of my 100 things about me.
84. When I was in 6th grade I won a trophy (a plastic one, but a trophy nonetheless) for Math Olympiad. I was shocked and didn't see it coming. It was the one and only awards ceremony my mom forgot to attend. She felt hideously guilty afterwards -- especially when she found out about the trophy. I still have the trophy.
85. I like white meat chicken. And pretty much only the breast meat. And I love fried chicken breasts. Soooo good.
86. At Popeye's or KFC, I save the biscuit for last. Because it is the best part.
87. I prefer cats to dogs, because cats are cleaner. At least, in my opinion.
88. In my life, I (or my family and I) have had 13 cats: Citter, Sandy, Friskie, Mittens, Tigger, Jungle Cat, Garfield, Shadow, Smokey, Socks, Max, Smudge, Maliante. The most we ever had at one time was 8. And that only lasted a week, because Mittens died about a week after Max showed up.
89. I like clean-cut, clean-shaven men. I've never been particularly attracted to facial hair or long hair.
90. I can't listen to music while I'm reading. I get too distracted and want to sing along.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Comment on the picture. Yeah i can see u looked pissed but, it also looks like expression of being very involved in something then get disturbed. I can't listen to music or watch t.v. while I read.

Mrs. S said...

You've Got Mail!!!

juliebean said...

i forgot all about the 100 things about me posts. VEry interesting. I did not know your 'mad face'.
I prefer dark meat, that is where we differ.

the happy thomas family said...

movie: you've got mail!

the happy thomas family said...

i so agree with the no-music(or tv)-while-reading-rule. while my brain can handle multiple things at the same time, this is one thing i can not do.

and, we know how you get at parties :). well, we all know how i get at parties, too...

Katherine Ronachert said...

wasn't that taken at the family reunion?
i tend to have the same expression
!

jessica said...

#86, I totally agree with. Hmm #88, I do believe that I recognize quite a few of the cats. I still remember all of the birds and the dog too, wasn't there a turtle?

Nilla said...

Elka -- YES! That was at the family reunion. I tried to take out all evidence of that fact. You are too wise. Too, too wise. Hahahaha... Seriously laughed when I came across that picture!

Jessica -- Yes, several birds over the years (though I don't think we ever named them), and a dog (Kimber), and a few turtles at various times as well :).