Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life... is so Amusing

Well, from everything I've heard, today marked history. Of course, it would have either way. But, I hear Obama won and is the first African-American President of the United States. Sometimes I realize how really cool it is to be alive during a time when so much is happening and history is being made. That is random, I know. It's probably the deepest thought you'll get from me in this post :).

Thanks for the votes of confidence concerning my new calling at church. For those of you who don't know what being 3rd Counselor in Relief Society even means... Basically I will, along with 5 other women in the ward, help to make sure the sisters in the ward are taken care of; that they have what they need spiritually and temporally. I feel very inadequate, to tell you the truth. What do I have to offer women with much more experience than I have? But, as I believe that callings come from Heavenly Father, I trust that He feels this is the capacity I should serve in at this time. I also trust that He knows me better than I know myself, and that He believes I am adequate... with the Savior's help, of course :). And I know I will grow from it, and I hope that I will help others that need help.

I have to give props to my sister-in-law Tarylyn. She introduced me to hulu.com. And I use it... a lot. I unwind at night, laying in bed snuggled up, and watching tv on the computer! If there aren't new episodes of anything for me to watch (like The Office, which I'm a little bummed to say feels a little off this season), I watch episodes of Arrested Development. That show cracks me up. And it's fun to watch it from the beginning again. I also have to give props to Tarylyn for introducing me to a new show called Fringe. Again, this is one they have on hulu, and I am caught up with it (it's new this season). I think a new episode will come out tomorrow. "They" are calling Fringe the new X-Files. I'd say I agree, somewhat. Either way, I've been enjoying it. And, I've gotten my mom hooked on hulu as well. We've got caught up on the new season of Bones, as of tonight. So, an all around good deal :).

And just so you don't think the only thing I do with my life is watch tv... I'm also almost done (as in 25 more pages to go) with The Name of the Rose. I know! It only took me over 3 months! Apparently gone are the days when I finish a good-sized book in 2 or 3 days. Ah, how I miss those days. For more reason than one!

Currently, I can't think of much else to say. I am compiling a list of strange facts about me to do another one of my 100 things about me posts... But, I only have 3 on that list right now. I've also got a few other random posts up my sleeve that don't involve life in general, but just stuff to chronicle. In the meantime... I'm going to finish my book and watch an episode of Arrested before I got to bed. I'm taking Christina to her doctor's appointment tomorrow so I can be in charge of the munchkin. So, I'll be up earlier than usual.

And Dad, I think it's spelled "sergeant." Who knows what I was thinking. I didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure the way I wrote it before was wrong... Also, Brad told me I'm like Lucy from Peanuts. A big, bossy mouth. My siblings are so loving. But that's okay... Brad goes around singing "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard." And I'll never let him live it down.

Peace out ;).

6 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

hooray for twilight. hope you like the series. and i would totally go to forks with you... if i lived closer. hate that.

Nilla said...

Well, Stacy... now you have another reason to come and take my future wedding pictures ;)! I'll totally take you to Forks!

Katherine Ronachert said...

sure i'd take the ride. i'll do anything, i'm kid free.
can we say
yahooooooooo!
(that looks more like
ya ho... hmmm.)
should respell it, but i'd rather sit here and type nonsense to you and delay my inevitable psychoanalytical interpretation of the chrysanthemums...
freud
creepy.
just kidding.
love ya girly!
why is it that girly is ok to say, but saying
womanly always seems...
i don't know, can't come up with the word i'm looking for.

Mrs. S said...

Wahoo, Forks!

the happy thomas family said...

and you know i'm down for that. i'm practicing and getting ideas! need a spiffier (did i even spell that right... is it a word?) camera, though. just name the date!!! love you!

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Thank you Hila for your sweet comments! Er, but what were you doing up at 1 am???