Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Excuse

It's been a whole week since my last post. And I have a really good (and for many of you readers, understandable) excuse. See:
Instead of blogging...

I didn't finish it as fast as some of you out there. But, given that it took me many months to finish my last book, I'd say 4 days is pretty decent! I have to admit, I was shocked to get sucked in to Twilight. But, there is something that does suck you in.

Of course, part of why I didn't get the book read faster is because I have done lots of other stuff too. My sweet niece doesn't think me reading is an appropriate activity when I am baby-sitting her. She would much rather have me make silly faces with her or play ponies with her. And who am I to argue?

I also spent several wonderful hours using the gift of gab. I talked to my dad on the phone for a while on Friday. Did you know that I love talking to my dad on the phone? I love to laugh with him. I also love talking to Julie! She called me on Sunday, and we talked for quite a while. How wonderful it is to have a friendship that is steady and sure, in spite of many, many miles between us. And of course, there were my calls from Elka. Oh my gosh... We are going to have the BEST time together when she gets here in a very short couple of weeks.

I had my first RS Presidency meeting on Wednesday. That lasted 2.5 hours! But the time seemed to go by fast for me. I had another meeting to attend in conjunction with my new calling on Sunday morning. Then I drove to Brad and Tarylyn's ward to attend Sacrament meeting there, since it was the Primary Program in their ward. I got to see Saria and Samuel participate. What cuties they are. Samuel was quite the little active guy. Saria was so well-behaved. I am proud of her. Brad wasn't there, since he was doing his weekend in the reserves. So it was me and Tarylyn in the congregation, smiling at the kiddos. And Benjamin fell asleep, so I held him a bit while he slept.

I spent most of Saturday helping Mom clean and organize her room.

I have been working on and off (more off than on, sadly) on the reunion cookbook. It's funny. I never thought I was a procrastinator, but in some ways I am. I mean, I work on it here and there. But the closer it gets, the more intensely I will work on it. The good news is that so many wonderful recipes have been contributed! This will be a fantabulous collection of foods!

So, that's why I haven't been blogging. And also why I didn't finish Twilight in record time. But, I did finish it about 20 minutes ago, so now I'm ready for the movie ;). However, I'm not standing in line in the cold Washington days we've been having like those crazy teenie boppers they showed on the news today so that I can be the first to pay $30 for a movie ticket, a chance to meet some of the movie actors, and a t-shirt. I'll just wait for Elka. I'm sure we'll have more fun going to Forks with Mrs. S than standing in drizzly, cold, wet rain :).

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

yes, because teeny boppers are a teensie bit crazy.

Kira =] said...

It is very surprising how you get sucked in isn't it? I never would've read them if not for Stacy recommended them & loaning them to me. Glad you enjoyed! =]