Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Keeping You Updated

Well, in the interest of not getting berated by Elka and Juliebean again.... :). I will post a blog entry. But there really isn't much to say. Not that I ever had very much to say before, and yet I somehow always came up with something!

In addition to filling out applications for jobs (I finished one last night for the community college here as an adjunct librarian), I have mostly been spending time with my nieces and nephews. Monday was Labor Day, so my mom was off work. We spent the morning cleaning, and then we went to the grocery store. We got milk (at $1.98 a gallon!). We skipped the lemons (at 99 cents each!). I guess you can't win them all. But man, milk is cheap up here! Lemons aren't, though. Well, at least not in the regular grocery store. So, my mom took me by this little hole-in-the-wall type store called Cash and Carry. It's designed for small businesses, but everyone can shop there. So you basically buy in bulk, and it's a lot cheaper. We got a bag of almost 20 lemons for $5. A much better price than 99 cents per lemon! Anyway, then we went to Brad and Tarylyn's and spent time with them. Then it was back to a grocery store to get a rotisserie chicken (I think I spelled that wrong, but who cares?) for our salad. We had big beautiful salads with chicken in them :). Yummy. That made up for our Sunday night feast of homemade mac and cheese (made by my mom) and rootbeer floats for dessert :). Yesterday I went by the public library to see about volunteering. Let me tell you, they are serious about their libraries here! I even have to fill out an online form (with references) just to volunteer! It's crazy! Then I had nothing else to do, so I went by Christina's and dressed Miss Desiree up as a princess in one (okay several) of her blankets. Then we did her hair all pretty. She wanted all her hair clips in her hair. Both me and Christina got to be her prince at one point and we had to dance with her at the ball. And I had to sing the Ariel song while we danced. I left there and went to Brad's and picked some more blackberries and played with the kids. Benjamin is getting to an age where he'll interact with me now. Used to be he could take me or leave me, and Saria and Samuel were the ones all excited about me being there. I wouldn't say Benjamin is exactly excited, but at the very least he likes for me to pick him up sometimes now :). He's a cutie. We got attacked by bees, so we quit the blackberry picking. I got home and watched some TV with Grandma and Grandpa until my mom got home. Then she and I worked on dinner... including blackberry lemonade! Here was our final product:
Blackberry Lemonade!
And it was yummy! (As usual, clicking on the picture will take you to other photos :)). So, now the plan is to pick more blackberries so we can freeze them to have them to make blackberry lemonade for the family reunion!!! Yippee!!

And so I think I will go pick some blackberries in a few minutes while I wait until time to take Grandma to her doctor's appointment.

Oh, I will say I have been having some of the most vivid dreams as of late. And they haven't been good. They've been disturbing in a way. Last night I dreamed I was in Panama at Los Rios Pool. I was swimming there, and noticing that the floor of the pool looked really dirty and that of the three private showers in the ladies' room, only one of them was really private anymore, because the other 2 were missing their shower curtains. There was more to the dream, but it's hard to explain. Sometimes I wonder how my mind comes up with the craziness :).

5 comments:

juliebean said...

yes, thank you for the update. I expect regular bloggings of your comings and goings. I would LOVE to try some of your blackberry lemonade. I love blackberries.

Heather said...

Wow, that's cheaper than the milk I bought in UT. It's still right around $4 here. Aren't nieces and nephews fun? How great for you to be closer so you can play with them more.

Mitchell4 said...

Gee I wanna pay that price for milk. Glad you were able to find the deals. We came across spiders instead of bees when picking berries. Both are not friendly. Good luck with the job applications.

Katherine Ronachert said...

my mom's favorite,
harry and the hendersons
:)

Katherine Ronachert said...

hila?
are you there?
i miss you!
:)