Saturday, September 6, 2008

Getting in Trouble

It's sad when you get an email from your best friend and a blog comment from your cousin and both are basically "getting you in trouble" for not blogging. I'm sorry. So here are my last couple of days :).

First of all, my blog celebrated its first birthday on Thursday. The same day as rj's birthday. The day after Grandpa's 87th birthday. I did not have a celebration for my blog. We did, however celebrate Grandpa's birthday by going out to Sizzler and having the salad bar. The servers all sang to him and brought him a brownie with a candle. Here are the two pictures I took there :).
Grandpa getting sung to

All of us at Grandpa's birthday dinner

Also on Wednesday, I picked a quart of blackberries and then took Grandma to her doctor's appointment. They also wanted to go to Wal-Mart, so I took them there. If you are a member of my family, you can stop laughing now :).

On Thursday, I took Christina to get her set up with a doctor so she can have a healthy pregnancy. They told her they'd call her to set up an appointment in a week or so. Hopefully that will all go smoothly. Then I came back to G&G's house to pick them up and take them to get their hair cuts. We picked up Subway on the way back. Aunt Sue got in late that evening. And then she and I stayed up until almost 4 a.m. gabbing and laughing and "solving the world's problems" (in her words). At least, all the problems that Aunt Sue and Elka didn't solve in May when they were staying up into the wee hours of the morning. Let me just say, I'm convinced the family reunion will be a memorable event. On Friday I had to get up early, so I was exhausted. I baby-sat Desiree until 1:15. I was tired and tried to convince her that Aunt Hila needed a nap. She didn't care. Her response was, "Play with me." And who can say no to darling nieces and nephews? At least about that. Then I got home, changed, and me, Grandma, Grandpa, and my mom went to the Temple. We got home at about 10:15. Aunt Sue had gone shopping in our absence and got me some Moonlight Path Bath & Body works stuff. Mmmm... It's one of my favorite scents from there. We stayed up and visited again, but not nearly as late. I slept in until about 9:45 today, as did Aunt Sue. I talked to April for about an hour to catch up on how life is with her. And then my mom and I went to Christina's and got them and then we went to Brad and Tarylyn's. The kids are so cute together. Christina got some cute pictures of Saria and Samuel being horses and Benjamin and Desiree being their riders. I do love these kids. They brighten life.

Anyway, I must go. I must grab a quick shower and head off to Stake Conference. But that is the extent of my life at the moment! Now you are caught up!

7 comments:

juliebean said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! It is about time you blogged. I have been waiting!! Keep it up!!

holley family said...

hey there, i know your movie;) Harry and the hendersons!

Anonymous said...

Wow, there are still Sizzler's around? Sound's like you're runnning Hila's Family Taxi Service.

Katherine Ronachert said...

how i wish i could be there solving world problems with you!
:)
can't wait to see you all!

Heather said...

It sounds like your family really needed you there. At least they'll keep you busy until you find the perfect job.

Mrs. S said...

I love the pics of grandpa. Walmart, eh. Hehehe.

Unknown said...

Can I just say it is weird reading about your life on your blog and seeing that your life is now 3000 miles away in Washington? WIERD! We miss you here. Sister Myrick is doing a good job in nursery, but it is mayhem picking the kids up after church now. She doesn't pass them through the door like you did, and I miss that! Sara Katherine had her first day of nursery on Sunday. Ethan took her by her little hand and led her right in. No problems. Easy! Did you know I'm 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency now? Miss you!