Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Just Like Mommy

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  motherhood is quite the teacher.

As my sweet Lynnaea grows, I am learning more and more how much of a "sponge" she really is.  She soaks up everything

Sometimes I am horrified when she does or says things that I recognize as something I do or say -- and which she has chosen to copy.  Like when she starts saying "I don't care."

I'm working on removing that phrase from my vocabulary.

But there are other times I watch her and see her do or say things that she got from me.  And it melts my heart, because she's so cute.  And gives me hope that not all the things I do which she copies are bad... ;).

One of those things is pictured below, twice...

This one was a couple weeks ago:
This one was this morning:
 In the first picture, she is "nursing" her flamingo while eating dinner.  In the second, she is "nursing" her bunny while reading...  The only thing that sticks out on her torso is her belly button, ergo she thinks that's where she nurses.  I have nursed at the dinner table and while reading...  And so, she copies me. 

It's a good reminder for me to watch what I say and do.  I want to be a good example for my sweet, precious girl.  I love her so much.  Even when puts her brother in girlie stuff ;)...
Poor Corbin!  This is just the beginning ;).

No comments: