Sunday, July 26, 2015

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As I've mentioned before, I am pretty sure I will learn a lot from my kids...

Particularly what I do that isn't the best.  Because Lynnaea mimics me.  A lot.

Her latest thing?  Well, let's just say when I get frustrated with Jeremy, I tend to say (in a somewhat whiney voice), "Jeremy!"

And let's just say Lynnaea has recently started saying the exact same thing in the exact same way when he is frustrating her...  I don't think she quite realizes that she is calling her daddy by his name though (she still calls him daddy at all other times).  I say this, because last Sunday in nursery, another little boy kept taking her puzzle pieces.  She turned to him and said, "Jeremy!"  In that same whiney tone.  So basically, I think she uses it as a word to express her frustration with someone.  Hahaha. 

Mostly I just wanted to record this for posterity's sake.  These are the stories it will be fun to tell her in the years ahead!

The other hilarious thing she did the other day was not so much mimicking what I say so much as what I do.  Though things are the same as they were with Lynnaea (in regards to nursing) and I don't produce enough milk to sustain Corbin's life by just breast-feeding (though I do produce more this time around), I am still nursing as much as I can.  Hoping to keep it going until at least the 6 month mark, as I did with Lynnaea.  Anyway, the other day she wanted to feed him his bottle, so I let her do that for a few minutes.  She said she was all done, so I took him back.  And then she said she wanted to feed him again and started lifting up her shirt...  She said she wanted to feed him out of her belly-button.  Which is the only thing on her torso that sticks out, so she thinks that will work.  She's also been known to walk around with one of the breast shields for the breast pump (one of our many extra ones) on her belly-button, because she saw me pumping when we first brought him home...  Oh she is a sweet one.
Just a picture of Corbin the other day.  He is usually happy on the changing table (as Lynnaea was when she was a baby).  There's just something about that place!
I was trying to catch Corbin's smile...  This is a sort-of smile.  And you can see at least one of his dimples (he has one in each cheek ;)).
It's been a while since Lynnaea and I took a selfie.  Sow e did that today.
And then we got Corbin in on the selfie-action.  He's a little unseasoned ;).

No comments: