Monday, April 6, 2015

Two Weeks Pass Quickly

A little two quickly for this girl to keep up with!  That said, I'm mostly going to post pictures.

A couple things to note:  Jeremy and I celebrated 3 years of marriage in March.  It's been a pretty quick 3 years.  It's a good life ;).

I am sometimes great at taking my camera places... and not so great at actually using it while there.  Like for Easter dinner at my mom's house.  Ooops.

Today was a super-productive day!  Two loads of laundry, strip and make both beds, cut out 20 hexagons for my next 2 "I Spy Quilts" (for my new baby and Christina's little boy to be born soon), dishes (times 3!), dinner (mac and cheese -- homemade, salad, french bread), THREE loaves of french bread, delivered 2 loaves to friends just to say "thinking about you," and THRIVE stuff.  It may not sound like a lot, but it's a lot for me these days.  Plus the usual mommy things like feeding a toddler, coloring with a toddler, bathing a toddler, etc ;).  It was a full day, and my body is happy to sit and relax.  So on that note, I'm going to post some pics so I can get some reading in before I hit the sack and recuperate! 

Oh yeah, and last week was an insanely busy week.  Had a THRIVE Jar Meal party which was way more successful than either my friend or I anticipated!  Which is a good thing.  But we really learned A LOT.  We're planning to do it again in May.  Went to Seattle with my mom and grandma on Thursday so my mom didn't have to do it alone.  Went to the Pompeii exhibit at the Pacific Science Center.  Lynnaea loved the butterfly house and the touch pool and the toddler area.  And she loved just being on an adventure.   It was an exhausting day, though.  
This picture was taken on Thursday before we headed to Seattle.  I sure love my girl.  We were wearing blue for Autism Awareness.
She totally wanted me to give her the camera here.
Here we are all when we finally made it to the Science Center.  It was an upside down mirror we were trying to show Lynnaea.  She liked waving at herself.
We took a few pictures outside of the Pompeii exhibit while waiting to go in.  Lynnaea loved looking at the water around the Science Center.
The Pompeii Exhibit was interesting, but so crowded.  And I had a toddler who couldn't care less.  So I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I otherwise would have.  However, it did make me want to add a book about Pompeii to my ever-growing to-read list.  Intriguing stuff.
My girl is growing up!  She loved touching everything in the touch pool that she could!  She was very brave.  She is my little adventurer!
Easter carnage...  And actually, this was the tame part.  Before long, that purple stuff was strewn from the window to the kitchen!  She loved playing in it.  And I figure it's just part of childhood, so why be a fun-killer ;).  Easter was pretty low-key.  We did a few plastic eggs with gummy bunnies in them and pictures of the Savior I'd cut out of the Ensign magazine folded up inside too; so we could talk about each picture.  Plus we gave her a new toothbrush and training toothpaste (she chews on her toothbrushes and they don't last long...) and a Disney Princesses cup with a straw.  Nothing fancy, but she loved it all anyway.  Especially the gummies -- which we eventually took away since she doesn't have a moderation button...  And she found them pretty darn fast -- like before we were ready to eat breakfast.  Ergo, in an effort to not have gummy bunnies for breakfast, we confiscated them and have been doling them out a little at a time.  So maybe I am a kill-joy after all ;).
On the way back from my mom's house after Easter dinner.  She loved riding on Daddy's shoulders!  I think ti's her new favorite, because when we went to deliver our loaves of bread today, she requested to be put up there again!  (She is also starting to remember a lot more!  Which can be scary -- no more 'out of sight out of mind' going on here!)
This morning, after I made her bed, she crawled in it with her quillow from her grandma (Jeremy's mom) and a blanket and a spitty and just laid there while I was making the bed in our room.  She is just such a sweet girl.  Oh, and have I mentioned that she is now a successful toddler-bed sleeper!?!  Yay!  I was so seriously ready to throw in the towel and give up after 4 nights of very little sleep.  Fortunately, Jeremy was a patient trooper and just kept working with her. 
And this was while doing laundry.  I got all the laundry folded and put away, so she started using the basket as her new sitting spot -- with quillow, blanket and bunnies for company!  She is so much fun.

Anyway, so that's that :).  Oh, and I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow.  Will try to post a picture later this week.

No comments: