Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Best-Laid Plans of Mice... and Preggo Ladies

Remember on Tuesday how I said I'd hopefully write more tomorrow?

Yeah, that didn't happen.  I've learned to throw in words that will excuse me ahead of time.  Like I always now say "I'll be there around 10ish..."  That way, when I'm the inevitable 15 minutes late, it's forgivable ;).

Anyway.  So I didn't get around to it yesterday.  Lynnaea woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday night with a stuffed up nose.  So yesterday's plans got side-lined majorly.  She ended up sleeping with me (with Jeremy on grave shift and a whole bed to myself, I've found very little motivation to lose sleep by trying to get her back to sleep in her room...  And yes, I'll be suffering the repercussions of said choice later, I know.  Because she has slept with me for at least 2 hours each night for the last 4...).

The good news is my placenta is high now and we are not looking at a scheduled c-section.  A last-minute c-section is always a possibility, of course.  But so far, we're looking like things will be without complications (and hoping that that's true too!).  They say Baby weighs about 5 pounds 4 ounces.  I'd be concerned about that number (given the fact that babies are known to gain 1 pound a week in the last 4 or so -- and that makes at least a 9 pound baby!), but I also know their numbers aren't all that accurate.  I have a friend who was told her baby was already 10 pounds around 35 weeks.  At birth he was 8 and change.  So there ya go.  We'll know when the baby's born if he/she is a large baby or not.  Truthfully, I'm hoping not.  I have to push Baby out, after all...  But by the time we do find out actual weight, it won't matter, as Baby will be out :).  Also, Baby is head-down.  So unless Baby decides to be a pill and turn around (which is probably more trouble than it's worth these days with not so much room in there...), we are good to go for non-breach!

So here's an ultrasound picture (not the greatest of quality, but that's okay).
And here's me at 33 weeks on Tuesday night (about 11 p.m.)
And here's a picture of Lynnaea in her new rocking chair.  This is a very special gift from her Aunt and Uncle in Eastern Washington.  And she loves it!  She got into it immediately and started rocking and saying "rock rock." 
Wow she's a cute kid.  But also a pill...  I just turned around to check on her (because she was being that suspicious amount of quiet) and she was literally right behind me, drawing on her bouncy horse in green ink.  And now guess who has been restricted from pen use?!  (This is after she closed herself in her room yesterday and colored all over her knees with black ink...).  Oh the mischievous little munchkin!

No comments: