Thursday, May 7, 2015

About Those Last 2 Weeks...

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks.  The time is flying.  I'm 35+ weeks pregnant (yep, the baby's still in there.  Here's a picture to prove it!)
That's tonight.  I'm huge.  And I feel it.  There's nothing quite like having your belly precede you everywhere you go...

It's been busy lately.  Last week I went to a THRIVE Life event called Power Up!  It was fun to go with my friend Rebekah and try new recipes (we got to make several of them right at the table in like 10 minutes!) and just learn and such.
Last Saturday, it was a beautiful day, so we went to another local state park.  We paid for that Discover Pass to be able to park in the State Parks, so I figure we better use that thing!  Fortunately there are a lot of State Parks around here.  And the one we went to Saturday happens to be close to my in-laws' (or at least semi-close), so after we ate a picnic lunch there and let Lynnaea experience the creek and look at creek creatures (pictures to follow below), we headed out to visit the farm.  Lynnaea has a love/hate relationship with their cows.  She loves the idea of them.  But as soon as we go see them and she's close and they moo (they are fenced, of course), she freaks out.
This was after she tried dipping her feet in the creek.  It was cold (she told Jeremy "cold") and she didn't like it so much.  So we put her shoes back on.  But just seeing this picture made me realize how big my little girl has gotten!  Look at those long legs!!!  She's getting tall.  Sigh.  My baby is growing up.
Getting her feet dried off to put her shoes back on.  What a sweet girl :).
And here she is checking out the creek critters her daddy caught for her. She loved this!  She would see it swimming around in his hand and say "There it are!"  Haha.  Okay, so her grammar is still needing a bit of work ;).  But she's definitely communicating a lot more!  And the grammar will come in time. 
Just one of our selfies...  We hadn't done one in a while. 
And this little gem is from yesterday.  When we were supposed to be leaving for a play date.  See, little miss here has woken up before 6 for the last two mornings.  And so she crashes.  Bless her little heart.  This mama isn't a fan of such early mornings either.  But the last two days were busy days, so I had to just keep plugging through while she grabbed a catnap ;).  Tomorrow, though, if she does it again...  Well, it's not going to be a busy day, so maybe I'll have to get some extra sleep too! 

We did a THRIVE Jar Meal party Tuesday night here at the apartment.  It seems no matter how much I try to prepare, it's still chaotic!  But they are pretty popular, so we keep doing them.  Then today I did a THRIVE Party at lunch time for someone.  So yeah... Busy busy.  I'm looking forward to having a little respite tomorrow!  And then I have a my baby shower on Saturday.  I'll work hard at getting pictures posted from that in a more timely manner ;).  Especially considering we're getting to that point where I could have a new baby any day!

No comments: