Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baby Shower Pictures

So thanks to ever-dwindling time, I'm going to just post some pictures and leave it mostly at that.  I seriously need to blog "A Tale of Two Pregnancies" to chronicle all the differences between this pregnancy and Lynnaea's.  Because there are a lot of differences!  And I want to remember.  Or maybe I don't!  So I'm hoping to manage to get that crammed in before it's too late and this baby is born!  (I only have 4 weeks left!)

But it's not going to happen tonight.  I'm already sensing that Mr. Sandman is on his way to sprinkle sleepy sand in my eyes.  Or whatever it is that he does.

So, baby shower pictures:
The table-scape before all the food was out (and eaten!)
Just a cute little gender-neutral theme -- since we don't find out before the baby is born ;).

My sweet friends who threw the shower (they are mother and daughter, if you can't tell by resemblance ;)).

And now for some gift opening pictures:
I got a ton of diapers and wipes!  Which is so awesome!  It's really what we need the most of.  Call me an anti-tree-hugger if you will.  But seriously.  Disposable diapers are the best.
This was a cute little gag gift.  Tuxedo onesie plus a mustache pacifier.  In case we're getting a boy ;).  Which we think we are...  But there's always room for surprise! 

That evening, we saw Christina and the girls for a bit, since they dropped by to pick up the extra crib.
Probably the last time we'll take a preggo picture together.  We both had less than 5 weeks to go (since she is officially scheduled for her c-section 2 days after my due date!  Meaning she could have a baby sooner than I do!).  Yeah, I'm like twice her size.  I've never been the small one in our family...
This was last night.  Basically, yesterday, while out shopping, I pulled a muscle or something.  Which happens frequently this pregnancy (more details will end up in the "Tale of Two Pregnancies" post I hope to write one day soon.  I hurt so bad.  And now things look a little different.  And some of my friends say I look like I've dropped (or that the baby has).  Which supposedly doesn't happen with pregnancies after #1 until you're actually in labor.  But who knows anyway.  But basically, the baby dropping is a sign of things nearing the end.  And so I was thinking -- based on my inability to get relief from the pain of the muscle thing (which usually doesn't happen, usually it hurts a bit and then I change positions or whatever and the pain eases.  But yesterday...  Well, I wanted to die a little bit.), maybe the baby dropped and that's why I'm having such a huge discomfort?  Again, who knows.  But do I look different in that picture?  Or rather, does the position of my belly?  That's 36 weeks.
And my sweet girl.  Who had croup over the weekend.  She sounded like a barking seal.  We had many, many sleepless nights of she and I trying to sleep on an air mattress.  Fun stuff.  She slept.  Me?  Not so much.  Thankfully that is past now.  It was not fun!

No comments: