Friday, April 18, 2014

Enjoying Spring

Last week we had a totally beautiful week weather-wise.  So Jeremy and I took advantage of it -- and so did Lynnaea!  Also, for some weird reason, I was feeling in a funk on Saturday.  So we just decided we needed to get out and enjoy the day and do something different.  Oh, I just remembered why I was in a funk...  So I'd walked over to a park where our Ward was having an Easter Egg hunt for a Ward Activity.  Lynnaea couldn't care less about hunting for eggs at this point, but she likes to get out and do new things.  And she loves to be around other kids.  And I figured it was a good time to give her something to do.  So we went.  On the way there, I saw this house for sale.  Right down the street from us.  We've been looking to buy a house in the area for quite some time now, but nothing ever pans out.  It's incredibly frustrating.  But I saw this and thought, "Hey!  This looks perfect -- sort of.  Not enough property, but this is doable...  and it must be recently listed, because I haven't seen it on the MLS sight I check daily."  So on the way home, Lynnaea and I looked around it.  It's empty.  It was lived in not long ago by an elderly couple... I saw them one day while I was out with Lynnaea.  Anyway, it's practically perfect (aside from the lack of property size we want, but probably will be hard-pressed to find within walking distance of Jeremy's job).  So I get all excited.  I get home to look up the price.  And when I finally find it...  Yeah.  Listed 4 days previous and already pending sale.  Oh, and by the way...  The price was a total wowzers.  Like in-my-dreams impossible.  In the good way that got me all excited.  Another door shut.  And while, honestly, I appreciate when Heavenly Father shuts doors we aren't meant to go through...  It's frustrating when I don't know where a door will open and when.  I'm sort of impatient like that...  Sigh.  So, that was that. 

Anyway...

So we went to a park and enjoyed some Jimmy John's (still no sprouts up in our neck of the woods... they said they had to wait for a Corporate visit or something.  Total bummer, but oh well).

So, without further ado...  Here are the pictures.  Plus a bonus one of my sweet girl's newest trick.

This was before we headed over to the park for the egg hunt.  She looks way excited, no?  Like the duck barrette? 
Not one of her more flattering pictures... It was chillier than I had anticipated.  And she still wasn't sure about the grass.  This was at the egg hunt.
This is what she does best:  chew on paper.  This was in the afternoon at the other park we drove to.
Definitely one of my favorite pictures ever.  I love her little butterfly bum. 
She and Jeremy did a whole lot of walking around.  And adventuring. 
Then she'd toddle on back to Mommy.  And give me a grin. 
She is the sweetest baby, seriously. 
She didn't like walking on this log.  She tolerated it long enough for a picture. 
We got a guy to snap a family shot for us.  Not the greatest picture ever, but it'll do. 
She put her little toes in the water with Jeremy's help.  And then touched the green algae.  And grabbed some and tried to eat it.  And that was the end of that adventure.  Mommy came to the rescue with a wipe. 
She got a beautiful new dress made by her Aunt Michele!  She wore it to church on Sunday and even managed to keep her little hair flair in!  Can you tell she has pretty much outgrown her car seat?  We went and bought a new one today... 
Her new trick!   Not the clapping...  She's been doing that for about 3 months.  But the standing long enough to clap...  Now that's new.  She's doing it more and more.  And longer and longer. 
I hate when my pictures load sideways.  But you get the gist.  She was standing holding my phone and pointing.  Big girl.  It's only a matter of time until she gets brave enough to take a step or two.  Where did my baby go?

No comments: