Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Soggified

Well, it has definitely changed weatherwise here!  We have been soggified.  Saturday was a deluge.

We had quite a bit going on the last few days.  Jeremy had a 5 day weekend, and we braved Lynnaea spending the night with her aunt and uncle so that we could go on a special date.  And because they'd been begging to do it for quite some time.  And she did great.  Which is bittersweet.  I don't think she missed me very much!  Haha...  But I'm so glad that it went well, because it would have been heart breaking if she'd screamed the whole time.  So Jeremy and I went to Seattle and ate at the Cheesecake Factory (he'd never been there).  For the first time ever, there was no wait!  And we were there a little after 5 p.m.!  I was shocked.  The food was delicious, and we tried the new S'mores Cheesecake.  That was a bit too rich for me, actually.  Then we rode the ferry back home and watched Cars, because Jeremy had never seen it.  We got Lynnaea on Saturday and spent time with the family eating dinner and just visiting.  All in all it was a good weekend.

Tuesday was sort of sad :(.  Lynnaea got her 4 month shots.  I so hate that.  But I know there's a good reason.  She also had her 4 month check up!  Sweet girl is in the 74th percentile for weight (15 pounds 13 ounces) and the 73rd for height (25.25 inches!).  The doctor said everything looks great and she's proportional, which is good :).  He said just keep doing what we're doing!  And that we can start her on cereal whenever we're ready.  So we did that today!  And the reason is because I'm hoping it will help lessen her spit-ups.  She was still spitting up quite a bit.

And so, before I post pictures, I have to share the dream I had when I was taking my nap this morning!  It was crazy!  So I was in Tuscaloosa visiting and it was about lunch time, so I realized I should call Annie to see if she wanted to meet up for lunch.  When I was looking up her number in my phone, I saw that it was misspelled and said "Anie."  Weird.  Anyway, she answered and I started talking to her, but I was groggy in the way I was talking, because it turned out that had been a dream, and I was waking up from the dream and had actually called her!  So I was telling her that I had dreamed about calling her and actually did in "real life" and I was sorry to bother her in the middle of the day at work!  And she said she felt touched that I had called her.  And then it turned out that was a dream too!  So I woke up and was telling Jeremy about both dreams!  And we got up and walked into the kitchen, which had been rearranged, because Jeremy pulled out the counter space separating the dining area from the kitchen.  I looked at him and said, "Oh no... This won't work.  It is a lot more open and I like that, but I don't have enough counter space!"  And then I woke up again and I was laying in my bed.  And that time I really did wake up.  Haha...  That was crazy.  And since Jeremy was taking a nap with me (he is still on swings), I ended up telling him all three of those dreams :).  He mostly laughed about my reaction to his fixing the kitchen!

Anyway... random.  But here are the pictures of our sweetness! (Some from last week :))

 Chillin' at home on a rainy day last week.  I should probably stay in my pj's less... 
 This was our final harvest.  I've used up most of those tomatoes now (once they'd ripened).  I'm scalding, peeling, chopping, and freezing for use in soups and such in place of canned diced tomatoes.  The easiest way for me to use them up right now and it does save a little bit of money :).
 We did tummy time together.  She still hasn't rolled over without her daddy's help yet.  But she'll get there.
 These two pictures are from Sunday.  Someone I used to work with at the funeral home gave me this pink hat and a white one very similar.  I know my dad is rolling his eyes right about now :)...  The outfit is for a 6 month old.  Yep, she's a big baby.  But with me and Jeremy as her parents, she had no hope of ever being petite...  Clearly we have to work on her modesty ;).  Haha... just kidding.

Eating some cereal for the first time today.
And not sure what to think about it.

 Don't worry.... we got smart and added a bib.
 Here... Let me wipe my mouth off...

 
And I packed up all the newborn to 3 month stuff...  It's sort of bittersweet.  I'm so happy Lynnaea is strong and healthy and growing.  And I'm so thankful we're getting more sleep!  But every milestone with her is a one-way street.  There's no going back.  And sometimes...  Sometimes I just miss her tiny little body that even the newborn clothes were a little big on.

P.S....  Yes, Jeremy is still having to go in to work.  We don't know yet (well, he probably does, but since he's at work right now, I don't) if he should expect a regular paycheck or not at this point.  But he didn't get furloughed like several others that work there...

No comments: