Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another Yogurt Trip

Benjamin turned 7 on the day we had Desiree's birthday party.  February is a bit of a birthday month in our family.  So, of course, it was time to take the birthday boy for some frozen yogurt.  It's actually Ben who introduced me to the frozen yogurt shop last year on his birthday.  And today I got a free one because of all the times I've bought frozen yogurt (buy 10 get a 10 ounce or less free!).  So now you know how often I've been there...  It's the kids' new favorite.  Except Emily, but I think she'll give it a try for her next birthday, now that she knows her sister went.  So Benjamin and I trekked up to the yogurt shop and enjoyed some frozen yogurt.  I am pretty plain and predictable.  I always get the same thing: cake batter flavored yogurt with various chocolatey toppings (like cookie dough bites and mini m&m's).  Benjamin went with toasted marshmallow yogurt and chocolate yogurt mixed, and a few toppings, including mint pastel chips.  He wasn't too interested in hanging out for long, so we didn't.  But we did have enough time for a picture!
He went with me to the library to return some movies and then I took him home.  It was a nice little visit, albeit brief. 

The last few days I have been working on a couple things...  Planning the "Great to Be 8" party for church (something for all the kiddos turning 8 this year) and working on one of the goals Jeremy and I decided we need to actually do this year (and which has been on my goal list for about 2 years):  our 72-hour kits.  We had a list, and so I spent Monday collecting everything we already had and putting it in piles.  This lets me know what I need to purchase.  My goal is to have them done by General Conference in April so that we can get on the schedule of rotating every 6 months at Conference time :). I got that idea from my genius friend Jessica.  It seems like a really great way to remember to rotate!  I'm also starting to work out details for a baby shower I'm hosting at the end of March for our Primary chorister.   And currently I'm making Baked Tacos for dinner for when Jeremy gets home (our eating schedule is pretty out of whack when Jeremy is on swing shift).  I found the recipe on pinterest and made my own taco shells with corn tortillas :).  So hopefully it's tasty.  And tomorrow a gal from church is coming over and she and I are going to make home-made bagels together.  Sounds like good times to me :). 

Then Friday I'll go take that dreaded glucose test.  Ick.  Oh well.  It must be done.  This baby is a-growing.  In fact, today I started the 3rd trimester, so we're in the home-stretch!  I have started researching car seats and I purchased a baby papasan chair at a thrift store for $3.50.  I figured it was a great bargain :). 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I saw all the baby shower stuff you pinned on Pinerest and thought surely she's not planning her own shower. Glad to know it's for someone else. Hope someone gives you a fun shower too!

Katherine Ronachert said...

go off carbs. also, don't let them think you HAVE to go fasting. You can eat an egg (0 carbs). That's what the nurse with my #2 told me, and I am so thankful!
Good luck. the drink isn't that bad, just super sweet. I think I liked the orange best?