Thursday, February 7, 2013

Graves

It's a new month, and that means Jeremy's schedule has changed again.  This time it's back to grave-shift.  I will say I am thankful that I can adjust my schedule to fit his more.  However, I do not take on the full grave-shift experience.  I pretty much just keep the swing-shift schedule and try to make it to about 2 a.m.  And so, I am blogging.

Besides, I should be doing this more often.  I was just thinking the other day about how I used to blog daily.  And I actually managed to have stuff to say.  When did I get so boring!?!

So today (er, yesterday) marked 25 weeks.  Here is the bump picture.  I had ordered all the bump pictures I had taken up to about 2 weeks ago, in order to put them in the baby's book.  Jeremy was looking at all the pictures I'd ordered and came across picture after picture of my expanding belly.  He had no idea I'd been taking them.  He thought it was cute.  I keep trying to tell him that our baby will want to see these things one day.  He thinks I'm crazy.  And if we have a boy, that may be true.  But if we have a girl, I'll be right.  So ha!  And anyway, if we have a boy, he'll eventually have a wife, and she might want to see those pictures ;).  And so might his little daughters.  Girls just like those types of things.  Anyway, I'm wearing my maternity pants a lot these days.  Just so much more comfy.  I don't have the body type to have a cute baby bump, but that's okay.  I'm mostly carrying in the front and haven't noticed a lot of weight gain anywhere else.  So I'll count my blessings :).

I will say I'm sometimes amazed at how the baby seems to go into hiding.  Sometimes I can feel the baby a lot and figure out pretty much where it's sitting.  Sometimes it seems like it isn't even in there!  I mean, there's only so much space, and it's a pretty well-defined area.  It blows my mind that the baby can seem so "invisible."  Of course, then I'll lay on my side with "too much" tummy touching the bed, and the baby seems to have issues with that.  I get a few kicks then, exactly where the tummy touches the bed, and I know I must not be in the baby's favorite position.  Still don't know if I think I'm having a boy or girl.  But I can honestly say I don't have a preference.  Other than when it comes to names.  We still aren't agreed on a boy's name.

In other funny news...  Jeremy has been growing out his facial hair.  I always thought I'd have an issue with this.  For some reason, I just prefer the clean-shaven look.  A couple days worth of growth doesn't bother me, but the thought of a full-on beard and mustache just seemed yucky to me.  Haha...  Well, I can now say that I don't mind the whole thing (beard and mustache).  But I definitely think the mustache alone is less than favorable.  I will have to get Jeremy to take a picture with me in the next couple days.  I should have taken one when he had his beard earlier today.  It won't be something that happens often.  He actually is only doing it along with another co-worker in some sort of celebration of wrapping up this project they've been working on for the last year.  Today marks what is possibly (hopefully) the final few weeks, so they shaved off the beards and left only the mustaches.  I'm not a fan.  But I think it's cute anyway.  And since I neglected to get the full beard shot, I'm doing the best I can with when he was in the background of a nursery kid's picture a couple weeks ago.  But it had gotten quite a bit bushier.
I'm totally giving props to my sweet husband who has been hanging out in nursery to help the other 2 nursery workers -- and give his wife one less thing to worry about having to take care of.  And actually, all I have heard is about how awesome he is in there.  Yeah, he is pretty awesome.  And totally cute and handsome ;).  One of these days, he's going to be our children's favorite playmate.  And fixer of all broken toys :).  Yep, he's a keeper.

On that note, I think I'll get ready for bed.  Hopefully he'll be home around 6 a.m. Graves is yucky.  Yuckier than just a mustache ;).

1 comment:

the happy thomas family said...

Okay. :)

I love your baby bump. And can't wait to meet the newest Wood. I had a dream that you came to visit, and we went shopping for butt padding. Really. Don't ask ;) . But maybe this will help you in your 'not gaining weight in other areas' problem. Though you weren't pregnant in my dream. Oh well.

And what is it with men and facial hair?! I'm having the same problem with Brian, not made easier by the the fact that his cousin is working with him and trying to 'wear me down'. Oy to the vey.

Love you. Miss you. Always. :)