Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On a Clear Day I [Can Feel My Nostrils]

I'm unimpressed with allergies.  Spring has mostly sprung (though it's still chilly most nights -- like high 30s, low 40s) and with it has come the unpleasant discovery that I have allergies again this year.  It baffles my mind that I lived in Alabama 10 years with pollen so thick my white car looked yellow and was never affected by it; but now 4 years after I move to Washington, I get slammed with allergies (and trust me, the pollen here -- though visible -- is nothing like what it was in Alabama).  So anyway, while I love the sunshine, I know I will be punished with a sneezy, itchy nose.  Blech.  Makes me want to scratch off my nostrils (and it hasn't even reached how bad it was last summer!).

Clearly you can see I have taken my time uploading the last few pictures I have chosen to upload from our wedding day. These were from my mother-in-law's camera. Sometimes I love the candid shots (Jeremy would not agree...).  They make me laugh though.  Like this first one.  Do we look like a couple of people about to get married?  Haha...  not so much.  
I love happy laughing shots :).  And any shot that has my blouse tucked in is a bonus!
See?  That didn't last long.  And yeah, it might look like I'm about to slap him.  But I'm really just fanning my flustered face :). 
And these were taken a month later.  This was from my post wedding bridal shower.  They actually make a necklace that says "Bride to Be" so it must not be completely unheard of to have a bridal shower after a wedding :).  And either the camera adds 10 pounds or I have gained weight.  (Yeah, pretty sure it's the latter.  Blah).  Marriage does that.
I had a lovely, quaint little shower and received some lovely gifts.  Some of which caused me to blush, it's true.  I am choosing not to post pictures of those :).  It was a lot fun.  My new sister-in-law was in charge of the games.  My other not-as-new sister-in-law is pictured below helping me deal with the presents.  The games were hilarious.  The most popular one was when everything I said while opening my presents was recorded (unbeknownst to me) and read back afterwards as part of a different scenario. 
And a lovely picture of me indeed... 
My mother-in-law got us garlic stuffed olives.  She is awesome.  And trust me, they fit the romance theme ;).  She also gave me potted garlic.  So we get to grow our own!  Jeremy and I love garlic.

So the other thing I should mention is that I am working on putting together our little celebration for June.  Truthfully, I said we'd do that only to avoid being massacred by those who knew nothing of our nuptials until after the fact (which was the vast majority of everyone).  That way, if people so desired, they would have a time that we could celebrate.  Now, however, it seems sort of silly.  But people keep talking about it.  So I'm moving forward with it.  After all, we are taking our honeymoon at that time...  So here's a request...  What sorts of activities or games would you do at such an event?  I don't see this as a reception so much as an open house or party, I guess.  So I'm thinking food -- that's a no brainer.  And I have that all figured out (except maybe another sweet finger food.  I'll gladly take suggestions).  Decorations are simple -- pictures of us on our wedding day and also the ones Stacy took.  I'm thinking something trivia related and maybe some "share your memories" type stuff.  What other suggestions do you have?  I'm pretty open to most anything, because, really...  I don't know what I'm doing.  I figure people can come and eat if they want to, and if they don't...  No biggie.


I guess that's about all for me.  Though I will say that I am sometimes a little freaked out by the new blogger information that tells me that people google my blog.  Ugh.  Oh well.

Also, it's been an interesting few weeks at work.  They are training me to do accounts payable stuff, so that's pretty awesome.  I actually enjoy that.  So that's Nilla's life at the moment.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Are you referring to the inside or outside of your nostrils...just curious? ;) Okay, just kidding, too :P

Katherine Ronachert said...

:)
don't you hate it when it's so cold that your nostrils freeze together when you suck in?
allergies. blah.