Saturday, April 28, 2012

Who Needs (Many) Words?




So I don't feel like typing a lot of detail, but figured I should post these pictures since they're already a week old.  Last Saturday was a lovely weather day.  Brad randomly called and said they were going to the park and would we care to join them.  We cared.  So we did :).  So did Christina.  And okay, so park #1 wasn't an option (no grills, as it turns out).  So we decided on the State Park.  Which we generally spurn, since they require a "Discover Pass" just to park.  And that made me mad after I donated my $5 to the State Park fund on my vehicle registration/tab renewal in 2011.  (I didn't in 2012...  I'm mean).  But they had grills.  So we sucked it up and decided we'd all go there.  And to avoid paying $10 per vehicle, we all crammed (perhaps not-so-legally) into Brad's Expedition and headed to the park.  We were going to buy a Discover Pass anyway.  But nobody answered the door.  So we just went with it.  I found out later at work, through a co-worker, that, in honor of Earth Day, the parking was free that day.  And all this past week (including today).  Hmmm....  Turns out we could've taken all 3 vehicles and been legal.  But where's the fun in that?  (Though it would have been more convenient, considering we left the charcoal in my car at the library...).  So anyway, above are a few pictures.  Emily wouldn't go down the slide by herself.  The kids enjoyed playing with Uncle Jeremy.  We ate cheeseburgers with cheese that I got at the Dollar Tree (my first mistake) that really was fake cheese -- it wouldn't actually melt... just got all bendy.  And I made ants on a log (no worries, I didn't use the ants from our house...) -- you know, the ones made of celery, peanut butter, and raisins?  Yeah, I think I liked them more than the kids did...  Oh, and there was a picture of me and Jeremy.  We broke the camera, though...  Seriously.  That was the only corrupted picture of the 330 pictures on my memory card.  Nothing I tried would recover it.  So, c'est la vie.  It got deleted in the interest of retrieving the other pictures.

So, enjoy.  I will be off to a bridal shower (for me) in a couple of hours.  I've been promised that I would blush a lot today.  I can hardly contain my excitement.  Oy.

No comments: