Monday, February 27, 2012

More Nilla Life

Benjamin turned 6 last week. He has really grown a lot and matured over the last several months. He has become quite loving toward me. Not that he wasn't loving before, but now, whenever he sees me, he says, "Aunt Hila!"and reaches up for me to pick him up for a hug. He's quite a cutie too.

Here are all the kids with Benjamin's cake. He picked out everything he wanted on his cake.
He's a pretty happy kiddo. It was a simple little party -- just family. And short, because his mom was going to be picking him up to spend time with him on his special day. But it was nice to get to be there and celebrate with him. And I told him that, next week when he's with Brad again, I'll pick him up for either ice cream or frozen yogurt (there's a new place locally where you pick your stuff and pay by weight...).
In other news...

I don't like swing shifts! Okay, so I've never had to work them. But I'm unimpressed with the fact that Jeremy does. Boo! But it sure does help us look forward a lot to our weekends when we can see each other :).

In light of the above, however, I have a list of items I will work on, since my evenings will be lacking Jeremy time. Gotta find something good in a bad situation, right ;)? I will be working on filing all my papers and getting that all organized; the Marvelous Monday Meals cookbook; and organizing my recipes -- and flagging the ones I want to use for future Monday Meals :).

I get highly annoyed when I'm trying to rush out the door with two pans full of food (one covered in melty cheese) and the top pan smashes into the bottom one and makes the foil stick to the cheese and pull that layer off and, grr..... Getting out the door for tonight's Monday Meals was an annoying experience for sure! And it didn't help that I was already unimpressed with the asparagus!

Hmmm... I thought I would have more random stuff to share. Oh! Desiree gave her first talk in Primary a couple weeks ago, and Emily said opening prayer and scripture yesterday. I am glad I get to be in Primary to help them with these firsts :).

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you need an insulated carrier thing like I have. It holds 2 9x13 Pyrex dishes and even has hot/cold packs to help keep stuff hot/cold. It really comes in handy when transporting food.

Nilla said...

Definitely! Because then it proceeded to slosh over the pan into my car seat... So I rode halfway to Lea's with a hot pan in my lap!

Elizabeth said...

The Blind Side