Thursday, February 16, 2012

[I've] Gotta Swim

Sometimes life seems unnecessarily hard.

I am reminded, as I write that sentence, that I set a goal this year to work on being more humble. Why do I keep setting that goal?

Anyway, I have resumed blog-stalking a blog I hadn’t visited in a few years. She is a woman who is married to a 3rd cousin of mine, or something like that. And her blog is inspiring. The focus of her blog is adoption and infertility, because that is her (and her husband’s) trial in this life (or at least it’s one of the big ones). But I always come away from reading her posts with a sense of hope. And a few other good odds and ends, like the song that belongs to this blog post title.

So I am loving that song.

Because right now, I feel like I’m swimming in the dark. I feel like the current is trying to pull me away from my love, and I’m trying to keep my head above. Frankly, I feel like I’m under attack. And that’s probably because I am. I have never experienced such intense attack before in all my life. And while it’s exhausting and, at times, quite discouraging, it tells me something:

It's worth fighting for. And I know in whom I have trusted.

So go ahead, currents. Surround me for a while, dark. Try to tear down the dawn, tidal waves.

But…

“I haven’t come this far to fall off the Earth… [So] I swim for brighter days despite the absence of sun; choking on saltwater… I’m not giving in. I swim.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope your ok, love you always. Elka