Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dumb as Dog

It occurred to me that if I added one letter to my blog title, it would completely change the meaning. And it would still fit. Hahaha.

Well, after showing my mom the blog with all the movie clips, it put her in the mood to watch The Great Race. I joined her. Great movie.

I have recently heard two new songs on the radio that I like. You can listen here. And here. Great songs.

Through my library where I work, I can download 3 free mp3 songs each week with my library card. Totally free. Totally keepable. Totally legal. Great deal!

Went to Lea's and watched Field of Dreams with her family. Great movie. Laughed and gabbed until around 10:20. Great times.

While at Lea's, learned that those two songs I mentioned above aren't exactly new. But what do I know about new? I don't have teenagers around, so it takes me quite a bit longer to happen upon a song I really like (especially because my car antennae is who knows where and I only manage to pick up one station, so I rarely listen to the radio :)). Not a cool Nilla.

The wind was a-howlin' yesterday. The result of this was that it blew the gate open while I was at Lea's. The result of this is that the less-than-intelligent dog (trust me, this is probably one of the dumbest dogs I have ever known) decided it would be wise to leave the yard. So when I got home, my mom asked if I had seen the dog outside. Nope. I drove around once looking for him. Nope. This resulted in lost sleep for both for me and my mom. Me because I'm in the basement and I kept hearing my grandmother get up, walk to the door, open the door, and call out for the dog. So I would listen to make sure she closed the door back and I could hear her come back across the room and dind't lock herself out. My mom because she agonized over the dog and whether or not her mom would go outside trying to look for him, so she got up at 4 a.m. to go looking for the dog again. This does not endear that dog to me any more (and we all know how much I liked the dog in the first place...). Not a smart dog.

Prior to heading to Lea's, I had waited 4 extra minutes to put my sheets into the dryer so they'd be nice and toasty warm and dry when I got home and I could make my bed. Well, I put them in the dryer. And when I got home at 10:30... I opened the dryer to get out my dry bedding. Only it was still wet. Since I never turned on the dryer. Not a smart Nilla.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. Thrilling, no? By the way, some lady had taken in the dog for the night (and let him sleep in her bed... I find that weird) and she came around looking for where he belonged today. So he is home. She told my mom he needs to lose weight. Ya think!?! (Most of you will not know how funny this is. But I know Elka is laughing right now...).

Christina and Desiree celebrated their birthdays yesterday. Desiree is 6!!! Oh she is so big! I told Christina I'd like to pick her up from school tomorrow and take her for ice cream or something, just she and I. So when Desiree got to church this morning, she came over, snuggled up on my lap and hugged me and said, "Is it true you're going to take me to get ice cream after you pick me up at school?" She seriously melts my heart. Yes, baby girl, it's absolutely true. I will be taking pictures. Oh! And cute thing Emily did today... At the end of Sacrament meeting, we have the closing prayer. Emily was being a pill today, but at the end of Sacrament, I told her, "Okay, it's time for prayer." There she was sitting on my lap, and she folded her little arms and scrunched her eyes closed for the first time ever! (Usually she whines for a second and lays down on the pew in frustration when we tell her it's time for prayer, because they can't color or look at books during prayer). It was the cutest thing to see. My mom had Desiree on her lap and had looked over at Emily and said, "Look, she's doing it!" She is really getting big. My mom coughed at one point, and Emily looked over and said, "Bless you Gwamma!" Desiree also got to be sung to in Primary today for her birthday, and I guess she got a special present she could pick, which was very exciting for her. So yeah, me and my Des are going to spend time together tomorrow, so check back soon for pictures :).

And if you're a friend on facebook, don't be looking for food pictures tomorrow... The teenagers (Lea's kids) have special dates planned, so 3M has been postponed until next Monday.

No comments: