Monday, January 17, 2011

Mondays Marvelosos!

Yeah, so Marvelous Mondays doesn't end up being alliterative when translated into Spanish. So I'll just break out some Spanglish.

Today was a marvelous Monday. Just all the way around. The weather was warmer (probably high 50s). The sun was out and beautiful. Everyone was chipper and laughing and joking and having a grand old time at work. And, of course, it was Monday. Which almost always means Marvelous Monday Meals. I've decided I'm going to compile a cookbook from all the recipes we have made. And so we had to take a group picture with our plates. Our little plates. The big ones would have taken up a lot more room. Plus we didn't use those tonight. So in the back row, we have Chuck, Dan, Xavier, and Morgan's friend Megan. Front is Lea, Morgan, and me.
And let me say, tonight's meal did not disappoint. It was, once again, marvelous. Just in case you were curious, I'll tell you what the menu was: Cheddar Potato Soup, salad, home-made yeast rolls (my first attempt ever, and they came out great!!!), and for dessert, Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Pie. Oh my, it was fabulous. My only complaint is that it was heavy food. And I seriously thought I would puke if I had to look at more food for about an hour and a half after eating dinner. So we waited that long to eat dessert. Perhaps next time I won't have 4 yeast rolls (but they were so good!) and will only have 1 ladle of soup (though my bowl was only half full, even with 2 ladle-fulls). So we just started watching season 4 of Scrubs and allowed all that food to settle. And once it was settled enough, we had our dessert. Because you simply can't not have dessert on Monday night :).

I also learned something important about yeast rolls... You can make them ahead and freeze them before you proof them. I was nervous about doing this, since I had never even made rolls before, so I didn't know if it would work, and I really didn't want to ruin them! But it worked, so that was great too :).

And yesterday, we took Desiree and Emily to church. I think they are my favorite part of my week. My mom picks them up in the mornings, because goodness knows I don't get up early enough... And so when they come in to Sacrament, Emily sees me, and wants me to pick her up. She then spends the next 30 seconds with her arms wrapped around me as far as she can reach and her head on my shoulder. And then she's ready to look at books or whatever. What a sweet girl. And Desiree informed me yesterday: "Just remember Aunt Hila... I love you more than a diamond." I love, love, love these girls. More than a diamond ;). Much, much more than a diamond.

3 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

me thinks ... i will want one of your cookbooks. :)

and, how sweet ARE those girls?! what sweet memories.
and hearts.

love you!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm going to make that soup, just as soon as this stomach thing passes... :)

Jeni said...

I want a copy of that cookbook too!!