Monday, November 22, 2010

Do You Know...

....I still go walking when it's literally freezing outside? I just bundle up A LOT. You probably can't tell from this picture, but I'm wearing the hat, a t-shirt, a sweater, the coat with a hood, the pants, and pajama pants underneath the pants to add extra warmth for my legs.
...that these are not snow shoes? Yeah. When I left the house this morning, we knew it would be snowing. Because it already was. But it wasn't sticking to the ground, and we didn't anticipate that it would. So I figured I was okay in these. At 3 this afternoon, when I left work (early due to snow), I got the affirmation that I should always listen to my mom... And wear smart shoes.
...what a 32" flat screen tv looks like? It looks like this: Plus 3 others just like it. In case you can't tell, these are studded snow tires. And I am the (questionably) proud owner of a new set. And my tv plans went out the window... But at least I'm still out of debt. And the truth is, what good is a tv or vacation money if I die because I didn't have studded tires for the crazy winter we are predicted to have (and it looks like their predictions were spot-on, even though I had hoped they were just making it up for kicks and giggles...).
...that I can still smile when freezing cold, a bit bent out of shape about my tv, and a little annoyed with Mother Nature for giving us yet another bad winter (starting before Thanksgiving) in a place where they supposedly don't get bad winters but once every 20 years? Yeah, I can. Here's proof.

Yep. It's going to be a baaaad winter.

1 comment:

juliebean said...

Wish I could see some real snow!!!