Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zuma Yes, Zumba No

The computer game Zuma is fun. It is addicting.

Perhaps some could say the same of Zumba. I don't think I am one of them. Lea and I went to a Zumba class yesterday. It was okay, but it wasn't anything as spectacular as I'd heard about. Everyone ranted and raved that it was soooo fun. So I guess I got my hopes high. I just wasn't that impressed. It seemed like regular aerobics to fast-paced (and mostly Latin) music. I mean, it was a good workout and all that. I did learn that I can't turn in the correct direction to save my life. Hahaha. I was always doing the opposite of everyone else. That's pretty sad. I was disgustingly sweaty when it was over (yuck). But I don't know if I feel like it is worth a minimum of $6 a lesson. I'd just as soon put in the Dance Off the Pounds DVD I checked out from the library. So I think Lea and I are going to try that out tomorrow, if it cools off. Theoretically, the temperature was cooler today. Theoretically. It didn't feel like it was ;). But Sue and I did decide to walk today nonetheless. And we were nearly attacked by a bee. It kept buzzing around us and trying to land on us. It was a little scary. And I'm pretty sure we looked stupid in our efforts to get the bee to leave us along, because a truck drove by and asked if we wanted bee spray. Hahaha. I guess it was protecting something. Because eventually it disappeared once we were out of the area. Yikes!

Yeah, so that's about all I have to say. Well, except that I noticed that I have 4 big acorn squash and one little one. And the four big ones are now turning dark green. Which is good. That is what they are supposed to look like when you eat them. At least that's what they look like in the grocery store :).

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

i've never been to a zumba class. I have the DVD and enjoy doing it in my living room. I'm one of those that absolutely HATES an audience for exercise

juliebean said...

mom loves it!! She goes to a class every night of the week. She pays like 50 a month.

I tried it and hated it. It is a fad.. .like tae bo and all that. It was a lot of butty shaking and hip movements... def not for me.:)

Never know til ya try.... whip our your leslie sansome and walk away your pounds.... hahaha! In the AC!

Mitchell4 said...

Your right. The game Zuma is totally addicting. So fun.
I haven't tried the Zumba classes. They were offering free classes but it was extremely early in the morning. My body doesn't function well in the mornings.
That's great news about the squash. Keep up the good work. I'm glad it's paying off.