Friday, August 20, 2010

Factoids

My dreams amuse me. And it's funny how my dream is brought to my conscious memory by a random thing I encounter during my day. Today I was looking through a kids' cookbook during my break at the library and saw the ingredient "cilantro". I was thinking to myself that in Panama, we grew culantro (related to cilantro) in our backyard, and it was soooo good. And then I remembered I dreamed about picking some last night, because I guess I was back in Panama. Only it didn't smell quite right. Because culantro has a very distinct, very strong smell. Weird.

I love the movie Where the Heart Is. I'm watching it now. It is just such a feel good movie :).

The new Taco Bell cantina tacos are gross. Not worth $1.49. They are dry. Their $2.00 meal deals are an awesome bargain, though. Especially for their 5-layer beef and bean burrito. Oh my gosh. Talk about filling. For like $2. 34 or so. And it's good too. (Even if it does resemble horse tongue...).

I have to apply for another job here in the next couple of days. It's nearby. It's a librarian position. It's part-time. I doubt I'll get it, because again, I'm underqualified according to what they want. I have not worked as a professional librarian for 3 years. (This means working as a librarian for 3 years post-graduate degree). But I'm going to apply anyway. Because why not?

I apparently don't have rhythm. Or something. I cannot keep up with the dancing off the pounds video. Not because I'm tired. I just can't learn the steps. Yikes! My dream of learning how to ballroom dance might not ever be fulfilled ;).

Despite my undying love for sugar cereals (like Fruity Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch), they just don't "stick" with me. But raisin bran does. And I love that. I will likely continue to buy the sugar cereals on occasion because they are good (and nobody makes fun of Nilla's cereal ;)). But I like that, if I eat raisin bran for breakfast, I am not hungry for a loooong time.

I went to get groceries for our back-to-school themed party and also for the dessert I'm making to take to Lea's on Monday as well as a few of the fixings for our taco dinner. My total came to exactly $20. Which I thought was cool :).

I'm going to go finish reading my book. Because I want to move on to the next one ;). I like to cross things off my list like that :).

3 comments:

April Lauren said...

I love that about dreams... random things that make us remember silly dreams from the night before! :) I love taco bell!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm not totally LOVING the "bones books" but i've read 4.

Tarylyn said...

one of my statuses in facebook was that the cantina tacos sucked hahahah i guess you didn't read that one :P