Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And I Thought Alabama Was Weird Weatherwise...

So in Alabama, usually during the months of October and April, the weather gets a little whack. You may start out the week using your heater, but by the middle of the week, you have your air conditioner going full blast. And then you think you are done with the cold. But, nope! The weather has tricked you (and this happens pretty much every year, at least from my experience). There will always be one last cold snap that hits you seemingly out of nowhere in April. And so during these months, people will usually be more prone to colds and flu, because the temperature is so up and down. And everyone talks about the weird weather.

Tonight I decided it doesn't hold a candle to Washington weather. Sunday was hotter than Hades here. Okay, maybe not, since I know it was hotter in the South. But you get the picture. Monday was supposed to be better, but it actually felt worse. By Tuesday, the cloud cover had rolled in and things were more acceptable (by my standards :)). And today. Well today has been chilly for most of it. It was nice and normal around mid-day to early evening. But by tonight at 9:00, as I was on my way back to the condo after running errands (ie shopping at Wal-Mart), I actually turned on the heater. Yes, the heater (and since I'm hot-natured anyway, this is saying a lot, because I do not get cold very easily). It's August 18th, and I had the heater on. So yeah, I think the weather here is more whack than in Alabama. So wild. But I will be sleeping snuggly warm under the comforter and sheet. And that is the best sleep ever.

Oooo! I've got the 80s music channel on the tv right now (gotta love house-sitting where there's cable and I can be in charge ;)), and it's "Hangin' Tough". Rock on.

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

whoa oh oh oh oh... ???

Nilla said...

For the record, Elka, what you wrote can be applied to so many songs. Including the one that Kurt plays football to on GLEE. I had to go back and read my post to figure out what you were doing ;). But yep. Hangin' Tough!

Katherine Ronachert said...

all the single ladies, all the single ladies..
all the single ladies, all the single ladies...
put your hands up!!!
hope it's stuck in your head...
love you.
are you a gleek?