Monday, March 9, 2009

Vanilla True and True

Okay, so seriously. My life is rather vanilla! I go to work when I'm not watching the girls. I rarely have anything exciting on my plate these days. At work, I've finished all the backlogged filing and am now working on going through the files one by one. You ever suggest something that seems really easy at first and then turns out to be a nightmare? Hahahaha... Phew! I only thought I knew how badly those files needed fixing! I'm making new cards for every file (which means a 3x5 file card for each name associated with each file and how they are associated) and also sometimes separating files or combining them as is appropriate. It's pretty interesting to see how things are done about 5 million different ways. I look forward to when I am making some serious headway in the project. So far I've completed 9 whole files. Something like 5,000 to go ;). (And that's just my mental estimate, which is probably way off...). But I do know that it will be so worth it when it's all said and done. Though I have discovered that working on the file cards, because I'm doing them on a computer, does prevent me from belting out music... And you know what? I miss that! I'm hoping I'll get a computer out in what is endearingly referred to as the tin can or the boxcar in the near future :). Then I can sit out there and go through files... and SING!

So, today, surprise, surprise, it snowed... again! It didn't stick, but they were huge, fat flakes of snow. Wish I'd had my camera, because the snow was really falling hard. In the middle of that, I went out to check something in the park. And Bob was nice enough to take me to where I had to go on the Gator, so I didn't have to walk all that way in the snow. The people there are so nice. And fun. I really enjoy the environment :). I will say I was sooo cold when it was all said and done, though! And tonight, I think it's already freezing outside. Ick. This is March, people!

And so there you go. I have nothing else interesting to say! I told you my life is very vanilla these days :).

Oh! But, my friend Donna -- with whom I used to work at Troy -- is going to be in Seattle next weekend! So, we're going to hang out in the afternoon :). So that is exciting :).

Also, I'm working on the Twilight Trivia game for Stacy's party. I'm almost done now. Just typing up the questions -- of which Christina and I came up with 44.

*And Elka guessed the movie quote correctly!*

9 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

ironically, i have never seen the movie... just a wild, but accurate, guess

Christina said...

Although I've never actually seen the movie, I'm guessing from deductive reasoning: Mama Mia. Am I right?

Christina said...

Awww, we only came up with 44 total?!?!?! I'm so bummed about that :(. I thought for sure that we had at least 50. Although I think I might have thought of another one. I'll leave it in a different comment for you so you can decide if you want to use it or not & if you do use it, nobody will see it. I love you, sorry I didn't come up with more.

Christina said...

What were the stipulations Bella imposed in order to marry Edward, like he wanted? Please reword it however you see fit, I know it doesn't sound right that way.

juliebean said...

i know the movie. its the one with all the abba songs. i hated it.

juliebean said...

sorry the filing work is mundane.... maybe the rest of the workers are happy your singing has stopped.... tee hee

the happy thomas family said...

is it mamma mia!?

the happy thomas family said...

44?! wow... that's so much better than what i would have done! thank you so much for doing it for me... and thank christina, too! wish you could both be here for the party!

Kristy said...

Hey there I hope all is going well, I'm guessing next weeks movie quote, is it from Mama Mia???? Always good to read your blog.