Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Battered and Bruised

So yesterday, Brad and Tarylyn moved pretty much all the big stuff from their "old" house to their new one. And I went and helped. And oh man, that kicked my booty! I am seriously sore today... My shoulders especially. I need a good back/shoulder massager. So, just because I know you want to see all my battle wounds, I took pictures :). The first one is of my left arm at the end of the night... The second one is my knee after a day of letting the bruise form. I'm sure it'll look even prettier tomorrow. But that dark round spot is a huge bruise. I have a matching one on the other leg ;). These are courtesy of moving the massive solid wood entertainment center. For the record, it took 3 men to move that sucker into their house back in August, and Brad and I moved it out by ourselves yesterday. So, does that mean I have the strength of 2 men? (Seriously hope not...) Hahahaha...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Anyway, so I worked until about 1 and then ate a quick lunch with my mom and then headed out. I picked up Christina, and she helped pack a bit of stuff, but mostly helped watch the kids while the rest of us were moving the big stuff. This mostly because Emily is a tad bit of a rotten and has an opinion about not being held. But she's totally happy in the snuggly thing. And so cute! And look at my stinkin' skinny sister... You shouldn't be allowed to look this good 3 months after giving birth. I've never given birth, ever, and I look like a heifer! (You'll see this is true in a couple of pictures...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I mean, isn't that picture so cute!!! She looks absolutely thrilled, let me tell you. Actually, though, she's a really good baby. That's another thing about Christina... She has really "go-with-the-flow" babies. Desiree was like that. Nothing much ruffles their feathers.

And so here are a couple of moving pictures (just a couple, because the batteries started dying):
Photobucket
Photobucket
See? There's Hila the Heifer... Like my moving clothes? That's what happens when you leave from work. In fact, I was quite styling on the feet. Nylons and tennis shoes. Because I sure wasn't wearing my high-heeled boots for this job!

And then the kids wanted to pose on the rock outside of the house. And Aunt Hila, though heiferish, is quite cool. So, she got them all on the rock and took the pictures :).

Photobucket
Funny kids. I love them.

Christina had to go grocery shopping, so I took her, Desiree, and Emily back home. And then I went back and helped Brad some more. Actually, the 2nd trip was the one with all the really heavy stuff. Namely that entertainment center. Man, that thing killed me. After it was all said and done, Brad and I went and picked up Popeye's chicken and some other stuff and went back to the house and ate. I left there around 9, and I was exhausted!

I really like their new home. It's very home-y.

And, basically, other than that, I just have gone to work. My life really is a thrill a minute :).

*And Mrs. S and Elizabeth guessed the movie quote correctly!*

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Little Mermaid, Sebastian talking to Ariel

the happy thomas family said...

hila, hila, hila... hila... you are SO not a heifer! and kudos to you for being such a moving-helper. when you have war wounds like those, it's just proof that you did a good job!

Mrs. S said...

That was really nice of you to help out, but I'm sorry you got all beat up!

Christina said...

Aww Hila I'm sorry about your battle wounds. I wish I could've stayed & helped, really helped, the moving process. I love you.

Nilla said...

Hahaha... I'm such a big baby from the way it sounds on here! They aren't so bad. I'm actually quite amazed by our bodies and how much they take, and how well and quickly they heal!

Katherine Ronachert said...

suck it up! ;0 people might think you're a drama queen or something! he ha
just kidding
your battle scars are great!

Virginia said...

... would that mean that each of you had the strength of 1.5 men? At least you don't feel like a full grown cow ... MOO! MMMOOOO! I was told that women like us are *sturdy* and I'm not so sure that is any better than heifer.

Jenny said...

u shouldn't complain hila. i gave birth and i still haven't getten rid of the baby belly. u should be proud of ur battle wounds

Katherine Ronachert said...

mama mia

Stefanie said...

Aah! You're a better person than I am...I'm still recovering from our big move out of Tuscaloosa, I don't think I would have offered to help someone else :)
I do miss those days, though. I'm actually craving some of your taco soup... hope you're well, girlie