Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Farm Day!

Yesterday we went to Fall Farm Day.  It was so much fun!  We had been looking forward to it pretty much since May...  I knew it would be awesome, and it was!  And we didn't even manage to get to everything (naps must go on, you know ;)).  But all the things we did do were so great.  We will go every year, for sure!

So here's some pictures of the fun day we had yesterday.

We started out by looking at old-timey tractors!  And one of the couples there with 2 tractors invited the kids to touch them and sit on them, so they did!  And they loved it.  Corbin thought he was pretty cool stuff, and his little grin just kept shining.  This boy!
 The sun was in my face with Corbin's pictures, and I never got a really good one (and actually got 2 really bad ones where I just took a picture of the tractor :/...).  But you can kind of get an idea about how happy this little man was.
Lynnaea's picture was a much better one!  Plus, she cooperates better than Corbin does ;).

While we were looking at the tractors, a lady saw us and invited us to the big corn box.  Oh my gosh.  The kids loved this beyond words.  We stayed there 30 minutes the first time and probably 15 minutes on the way back for leaving.  We could have spent all morning there, and the kids would have been fine with it!



But we didn't...  Because, well...  I wanted to see other stuff!  We headed over to the syrup making shack.  but we got side-lined by the 4-H Club and their chickens.  So fun!  The kids even got to touch several, including a baby chick!  Check out Corbin's dimples when he's petting the chick!


We tried to watch a demo of them picking the peanuts with a machine...  But the kids got antsy before the cranked up the machine and we had to just give it up...  Sigh.  But we did check out some syrup stuff (though we didn't get to watch the whole process) and we tasted cane juice that had been fresh pressed and I bought some cane syrup.  Which Jeremy thought was beyond cool when he got home and I told him about it.  I know he was bummed he couldn't be there, because we really had been looking forward to this since May! 

By this point, it was time to eat.  So we did....  Food vendors.  Always a good thing for a foodie ;).  Then we did our obligatory family picture (thanks to Audra for always being a good sport and taking our little picture!) and Lynnaea was a sunflower :).

And then we let the kids play at the corn pit again.  And then it was time to go.  And, in case you were wondering...  It's still warm in Alabama!  After a morning at Fall Farm Day, my face was red like this :).


I know we go and do a lot!  Especially lately, with Jeremy's work schedule...  But there are also days when we just hang out at home.  Like Friday.  I went to the mall to have my eye check-up for the contacts.  2 weeks without any problems!  woohoo!  I'm so so so excited and grateful that this was an easy-fix problem.  I love having contacts I can wear!  Anyway, so my dad watched the kids while I did that.  Then we had lunch.  And then the kids played outside with water... 
So yeah, not everyday is a crazy whirlwind of activity ;).  But it is fun when it is!

No comments: