Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Corbin -- 4 Months

My Sweet Corbin-roo,

I've come up with a new nickname for you, in case you didn't know ;).  I don't know why, but Corbin-roo has stuck.  I like it, though.  It's cute.  Just like you.

You're 4 months old, my happy baby boy.  And you are happy most of the time.  You give the sweetest, biggest, happiest smiles, especially when people talk to you.  Your little face just lights up with that awesome smile of yours.  Your two cute little dimples come popping out (or in ;)), and it is just the best! You are super-ticklish!  From your feet to your sides to your chin, you are ticklish!  You laugh so happily when I tickle you, and from these experiences, you've learned about anticipation! 

You have spent most of the month cooing in various pitches (the high-pitched one is so adorable!), but in the last couple days, you discovered you can also scream (both happily and unhappily), so you've been doing it more and more!  I love the happy squeals and screams.  The unhappy ones, well... I could do without those.  But I'm so glad you're learning your voice abilities!

You are grabbing onto things a lot now.  You see things and can make a concerted effort (usually a successful one, if the object is within reach) to grab them.  Your grip is strong.  But then, so is almost everything about you, my big boy!  At 4 months, you're over 18 pounds.  However, you're a bit on the short side ;).  But I'm betting you'll go through a growth spurt one of these days and sprout!  Your legs are very strong and you are ready to stand!  Don't worry, the rest of your body will catch up one day, and stand you will!  You do a pretty good job of holding your bottle already, so that's awesome :).  You've been working on sitting up, with the help of the boppy.  But you have a while to go yet.  You enjoy the exersaucer a lot and the jumper chair.  Which is nice, because it means you don't want to be held all the time anymore.  You actually really like tummy time, and you can even lift your belly up off the floor for a bit when you get really excited!

You watch us very intently when we eat.  You watch the food as we pick it up and eat it.  I think you're ready to try eating something other than breastmilk and formula!  No worries, it's coming.

One thing you don't like is your car seat.  Oh my heavens, little Corbin-roo.  You do okay for about 15 minutes.  And then you're done.  And boy golly does Mommy hear about it.  All. the. way. home.  (or wherever we are going.) When you really get going, it breaks my mommy heart.  I don't like hearing your high-pitched sad cry.

You're still sleeping in the little bed-side crib in Mommy and Daddy's room, because you still aren't sleeping through the night.  You're consistently inconsistent at night, in fact ;).  You will usually sleep a good 4 or 5 hour stretch (and sometimes, on a rare but blessed occasion, you'll even do 7!), and then you'll do 3 and then 1 or 2.  But during the day, you keep to a 3-hour schedule and take 3 naps every day.

I think you'll be my little homebody.  Whereas your big sister is our adventurer who is always ready to go go go, I think you prefer to be home, sticking to the routine.  It's been amazing to learn you, my sweet Corbin boy.  To watch your personality emerge.

You are a joy, my sweet little man.  I love you so much more than words can say.  Thank you for bringing such happiness to my life.  For teaching me how to parent in a new way -- and how to love even more!  I'm looking forward to the new adventures that are sure to come with you my wonderful baby boy!

All my love always,

Mommy


No comments: