Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas Chaos -- in Pictures

Well, to keep this brief, I will mostly just post some pictures.  As it is, it takes eons for the pictures to load and blogger has gotten weird with pictures.  So it will take me much longer than I'd like it to, I'm sure. 

But for the record:  I'm 20 weeks pregnant today, so halfway there.  But based on last Monday's ultrasound, Baby is measuring a week ahead.  So I'm hoping to go early, if my choices are going early or having a gigantic baby.  All looks good, though.  We will be having another ultrasound at about 32 weeks (so about 3 months from now) to find out if my placenta has moved up with uterus growth.  Because as of last week, the placenta was a bit lower than they'd like -- which can mean placenta previa.  Which would mean they'd probably do a c-section.  I'm not overly concerned at this point.  My uterus has a lot of growing to do.  And whatever happens happens.  No point in agonizing over it.

So now on to pictures of Christmas.  Brad and his family came and stayed with us for a week.  We live in about 1000 square feet, so it was close quarters.  9 people:  4 adults, 2 toddlers, and 3 kids ages 8 to 13.  The dinner table was packed -- and pulled out as far as it will go!  It was good.  Just crazy around here.
So this was the day they arrived.  Which was also the day we had gone out to Jeremy's parents' and picked out our tree.  And also the day I decorated it :).  Lynnaea was so cute when I flipped the lights on.  She just couldn't believe it!
Because it's fun to be silly with my munchkin :).
This was right after Brad, Angie, and Vivienne arrived.  The tree was the place to be!
Lynnaea loved having so many cousins here.  She was buds with all of them.
We had Christmas Even at Jeremy's parents' house.  Lynnaea learned how to eat stuff off the table.  And her cousins thought it was hilarious.  So she kept doing it.  Turkey girl.
She tried on one of her uncle's hats.  She's so stinkin' cute.  Oh -- and Grandma saved the day with those pajamas (which were her Christmas present)!  On the way down, she had a blow-out.  Like the first in 7 or 8 months.  And I was completely unprepared for that!
Opening her shape sorter present.  She liked the tissue paper a lot.
It was a late night...  She was tired.  But going strong!  I think we could have a pianist on our hands ;).
Christmas morning at our house.  These are mostly the presents for Brad's kids.  They were here for Christmas morning, but they actually let everyone sleep until about 8!
So here we go with Christmas morning.
Here's all the kids plus Brad and Jeremy.
Most of the kids.  Vivienne was opening a present I guess.
Vivienne liked this present of Sam's better than she liked her own.  Lynnaea liked Vivienne's presents better than she liked her own.  Haha.
Angie and Vivienne, and me and Lynnaea.  Did I mention Vivienne was sick most of the time they were here?
Another of me and Lynnaea.  I was a beaut Christmas morning, obviously.
More pictures of the kids.  Samuel, Ben, and Brad.
Lynnaea with her "Big Girl Panties" book that April got her!  She loves this book.  She also got an Elmo Potty and big girl panties from Lea and Chuck.  Yep, it's the beginning of potty training!  It's been going okay.  Mostly we are just getting her used to the potty.  But she'll ask to sit on it -- because she knows she can use the tablet while sitting on the potty.  We have had 2 successful poopies and 2 peepies.  We still have a long way to go though.  Funny story:  before she actually peed in the potty for the first time, she'd been sitting on it for about 5 minutes, playing the tablet.  She told me she was all done and wanted to get up (having done nothing).  I got her up and told her to come to the room to get a new diaper on.  After about a minute I hear her say "uh-oh."  She had peed on the floor in the bathroom.  Hahaha...  It's fun stuff ;).

So anyway, that's all the pictures I took from Christmas.  We had Christmas with my family at my mom's house Christmas afternoon.  But I didn't take any pictures there.  Oh well.

No comments: