Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Birthday Girls

So I've been rather lax in keeping this blog up-to-date.  I've blogged...  But sometimes not about current events in my life.  Which is fine.  But then one day, I feel like I should catch up.  Especially if it was something important I've been putting off.

Like a niece's birthday party. 

So Saria turned 13 at the end of April.  She had a little birthday party the following weekend, in May.  And we went.  So here are a couple pictures of the lovely (and now officially teenager) Saria.






And then my sweet baby girl turned 1.  And though we didn't really do a party for her, she did get some presents from people who love her lots and lots:

Puppet board books from Grandma
Pink shorts to grow into and a bucket and shovel from Sue
100 building blocks from Xavier and Morgan
A V-Tech talking cube from Lea and Chuck
A "Lynnaea's First Year Book" from Grandma and Grandpa (including her first quarter -- the tradition begins!)
A stuffed lamb and sun hat from Amalea and Mark
A shape sorter from Mommy and Daddy

And a quilt that will eventually get finished.  I bit the bullet and sent it off to be long-arm quilted.  And thus it is not ready yet.  But it's very close.  Once I get it back, I just add the binding and it's done.  Yay!  I'm bummed I didn't have it done for her birthday.  But I just decided I need to let go and not stress over it.

And oh yeah...  Since she shares her birthday with two of my former co-workers at the funeral home... and since my mom is the one who ordered the cake for their birthday... guess whose name got included on the funeral home's birthday cake?  Yeah, so we had to go by and join them for cake. 

And she also got to eat her first cupcake here at home.  Without frosting.  Because that was the compromise Jeremy and I came to.  He said he didn't think we should kill her on her first birthday by feeding her fat and sugar.  I told him it's a tradition.  Haha...  And so we compromised.  She was thrilled anyway.  It's the sweetest thing she'd ever had.  And she gobbled it up, as you'll soon see.

 These are the funeral home birthday girls.

Her cupcakes.  I made a box cake with home-made frosting.  Simple stuff. 

Opening blocks!  She liked the paper a lot.

But was willing to try to destroy the tower Daddy built.  Because that's what she does best :).

Engrossed by Happy Birthday


So this is what you've been holding back on me with, huh?  The good stuff!


Yes, the very good stuff.  Nom nom nom.

And this is what the bow is for.

This thing gets her more riled up and gabby than anything I've ever seen!

Flying with Xavier!!!

 
Happy Baby-no-longer Birthday Girl!

I love her.

No comments: