Wednesday, September 4, 2013

To Write or Not to Write

If you've ever perused my "Nilla List" on the right side of this blog, you'll know that writing a book (and hopefully having it published) is one of the things I'd like to accomplish in life. 

That dream took a back seat over the last few years.  But lately I've been contemplating it again.  Then the question becomes:  what would I write?  Because according to Never Been Kissed, "somebody once said, 'To write well, you have to write what you know.'"  So what do I know? 

Pretty much my life is what I know.  I used to plan on writing the stories from my workplaces.  I even started writing them.  But I just went back recently and re-read what I've written, and I realize that I've changed to such a degree that I would eliminate some of what I wrote.  I was so very snarky in some of what I wrote.  Time and distance changed my perspective on some things and mellowed me.  And then, I had a list of stories to write, and some of them are forgotten now. 

And would I even be able to get back into the groove of how I used to write?  I had several people tell me I should write a book, but that was years ago.  And I don't know why this is suddenly important to me.  But it is. 

Anyway, that's just something I'm contemplating. 

Also... I need to work on losing the extra baby weight.  Doesn't that sound fun and exciting!?!  Eh.  Not really.  But it must be done.

And since no post these days is complete without a picture of my sweet baby girl :)...

That's her sheep she's staring at so intently :).  And she is now in 3 to 6 month clothes.  Sigh...  She is growing so fast.  So bittersweet.  But isn't she adorable?!?  I love her!

No comments: