Friday, December 14, 2012

Ketchup

I crack myself up. 

Anyway.  Life. Is. Busy.  So here's a little ketchup ;). 

We are moving!  As in, we signed a lease and got the keys tonight.  As in we have moved one van-load over.  I am so totally excited!!!  It's over twice the size we're in now (roughly).  Two bedrooms, washer and dryer in the unit.  Close to my mom's, and closer to Jeremy's work.  Quiet.  None of the other tenants have yappy dogs (or any dogs, for that matter) (sorry, folks...  We aren't yappy-dog people).  Room for a Christmas tree and Christmas decorations!!  And yeah, so moving is a bear and I hate it.  But I am so glad we found this place and it is really quite perfect for us right now :).  And it all happened so quickly and easily, I think this is just right for us right now.  Even if we were thinking buying a house would be a wonderful thing... I think the timing is just off for that.  And I'm okay with it.  Anyway.  So yeah, we're moving.  We have until the 31st to complete the move, since we're all paid up here.  And it might just take us that long, since Jeremy is working all weekend.  Blech. 

I only have 5 more days of work.  Yahoo!  I am so excited to get to work on making our new home a home :). 

Meanwhile I've been trying to cram in the Christmas-goodie-making, the packing, the Christmas ornament cross-stitching, the other details of life... around work.  I could have used a few extra days off before Christmas!  Mostly I do it to myself.  I get all ambitious and think things take less time than they actually do.  But I'm pretty much done, and all I need to do now is pack up some boxes and send them (with love) to Alabama.  Wish I would fit in that box and ship for less than $20 ;).
 
And I am including a few pictures.  I think 3 of them are from Thanksgiving.  Terrible of me to wait so long, I know.  The last one is from today, when I took Miss Emily for her birthday ice cream.  She turned 4 this week.  She ran some other errands with me today, including a trip to Costco.  And her ice cream of choice?  Cotton candy with sprinkles and M&M's.  What is it with kids and sprinkles?  I think it's all the pretty colors. Then one day they grow up and realize the dark chocolate peppermint ice cream with oreos mixed in is phenomenal.  :).  Way better than cotton candy with sprinkles ;).  But maybe I'm just an old fogie and not a young kid anymore, huh?  Also, I don't like that picture of me.  That's just for the record.



Oh, on another picture-related note... I was showing Jeremy pictures on my jump drive.  Mostly old pictures of everyone in my immediate family, because, in the packing process, he came across an old picture of my parents when they were dating...  Anyway...  I came across one from almost 4 years ago, and I suddenly realized how Desiree has lost all her baby fat.  Her cute little baby cheeks are gone.  When did that happen!?!  She's so tall now, and reading and writing.  I'm so proud of and excited for her.  But the Aunt Hila in me feels my heart break a little at the thought of her growing up :(.  It happens way too fast.