Thursday, November 29, 2012

SAHW

I'm counting down the days to December 24th.  And not because I'm anticipating a visit from the fat man in the red suit.  Although I have been a very nice girl this year :)

Nope, it's more because that will be my last day of work.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I'm quitting my job.  To be a SAHW (that's stay-at-home-wife, for the Jeremys of the world that didn't get that acronym :)).  Woohoo!  Jeremy and I have decided life is busy enough and full of enough things to keep me busy at home.

At the top of the list is finding a new home.  This tiny house is just too tiny.  We need more room.  So we can actually have our food storage.  So we can have more than one parking space. 

And I can finally get our 72 Hour Kits together. 

And work on family history.

And do menu planning.

And actually cook dinners most nights -- instead of grazing when I get home and then letting my poor sweet husband fend for himself whenever he gets home (closer to midnight these days). 

And do laundry (though hopefully this will be accomplished with much less hassle when we have a new apartment...  That's one of the requirements:  a washer and dryer!)

And go grocery shopping (and discover what is the best time to avoid the big crowds!)...  That's early in the morning, but maybe there's a little window in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, right ;)?

 So yeah...   13 more work days.  I'm counting them down!

1 comment:

the happy thomas family said...

yay! happy for you. and love you.